What's new
Onionfarms

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Welcome to Onionfarms - The most inclusive Kiwifarms splinter on the internet | all races | gay or straight | CIS or trans | If you can rock with us, you are one of us

Sensitive Viewer Trigger Warning: Some of the content in the forum may be very upsetting for more sensitive viewers. If you fall into this category, you don't need to explain yourself to us. We understand. We offer a more moderated forum for these viewers who still want to be a part of our community: Onionfarms.online

If you want to register: Do Not Use Gmail. We've had a lot of problems with them. Protonmail is your best alternative.
Joshua Moon the owner of Kiwifarms

Crimson Fucker

Ţepeş
An Onion Among Onions
The only reason the farms is still around is because users haven't found a way to steal it from him yet. If they wanted to take it down they probably would have by now but they most likely want to find a way to steal it for themselves. They are all aware null is the weakest link dragging the site down with him and as someone else said he is the cancer killing kiwifarms so could be cut out like a tumor.

Crimson Fucker

Ţepeş
An Onion Among Onions
Personally i wouldn't either, but there are plenty of short term thinking autistic people who would jump off a burning bridge at the chance to be the new replacement for null especially on that site. Anyone sane wouldn't go anywhere near that trouble though. Probably the same people who brown nose him for a shot at janny power. The only way i see kiwifarms being "taken down" is by the users themselves, by no longer using the site and funding it so it dies naturally as trying to force it only makes null double down. Or it gets hijacked.

Last edited:

cosmic veteran

veteran of the cosmos, navigating the cosmos
An Onion Among Onions
as someone else said he is the cancer killing kiwifarms so could be cut out like a tumor
do you mean me?
1700264840529.png

polonium

High performance shitposting
An Onion Among Onions
Personally i wouldn't either, but there are plenty of short term thinking autistic people who would jump off a burning bridge at the chance to be the new replacement for null especially on that site. Anyone sane wouldn't go anywhere near that trouble though. Probably the same people who brown nose him for a shot at janny power. The only way i see kiwifarms being "taken down" is by the users themselves, by no longer using the site and funding it so it dies naturally as trying to force it only makes null double down. Or it gets hijacked.
Remember a few months ago, when null was planning on buying a property and wanted to pay someone to live there to accept mail on his behalf? That thread was full of people queueing up to either tongue his anus over what a good idea it was, or volunteer to be his pet hermit. Josh can depend on his users to jump to his defence even up to ruining their own lives.

I reckon either the site will vanish off clearnet forever because he loses all his lawsuits/runs out of other people's money, or it collapses because of a technical issue that dum-dum Josh can't fix.

I'll have to go digging back to find receipts but to my recollection he's said and done so many things to demonstrate his complete technical ineptitude including but not limited to
  • Trying to push all the data through one server's on-board NIC and wondering why that was a bottleneck.
  • Thinking DAC cables were "special" and being so proud of himself that bought one.
  • Buying end-of-life second hand ex-enterprise SSDs that have been flogged to death and setting them up as a write-heavy RAID and doing shocked pikachu when it shit itself and lost data.
  • Thinking a RAID was just a card to let you plug lots of drives into one slot like USB.
  • Writing a chat client that makes the browser use 14Gb of RAM.
  • Constantly fiddling with the live production environment, breaking something without realising it, announcing the site is being DDoSed and realising it actually wasn't and it was whatever he's fiddled with.
  • Taking well over two months to "refactor" someone else's DDoS guard code but somehow making it not work in the process.
  • Blaming mullvad VPN for black-holing KF traffic, then finding out it was a DNS issue and nothing to do with mullvad.
  • Sneaking a crypto miner into the forum and then whining when he got blacklisted as malware for it.

The list goes on and on. These are things he's admitted to publically, imagine what he' thinks is too embarassing to admit to. We used to call guys like him "pleasure fingers" because everything they touch is fucked.

Crimson Fucker

Ţepeş
An Onion Among Onions
Remember a few months ago, when null was planning on buying a property and wanted to pay someone to live there to accept mail on his behalf? That thread was full of people queueing up to either tongue his anus over what a good idea it was, or volunteer to be his pet hermit. Josh can depend on his users to jump to his defence even up to ruining their own lives.

I reckon either the site will vanish off clearnet forever because he loses all his lawsuits/runs out of other people's money, or it collapses because of a technical issue that dum-dum Josh can't fix.

I'll have to go digging back to find receipts but to my recollection he's said and done so many things to demonstrate his complete technical ineptitude including but not limited to
  • Trying to push all the data through one server's on-board NIC and wondering why that was a bottleneck.
  • Thinking DAC cables were "special" and being so proud of himself that bought one.
  • Buying end-of-life second hand ex-enterprise SSDs that have been flogged to death and setting them up as a write-heavy RAID and doing shocked pikachu when it shit itself and lost data.
  • Thinking a RAID was just a card to let you plug lots of drives into one slot like USB.
  • Writing a chat client that makes the browser use 14Gb of RAM.
  • Constantly fiddling with the live production environment, breaking something without realising it, announcing the site is being DDoSed and realising it actually wasn't and it was whatever he's fiddled with.
  • Taking well over two months to "refactor" someone else's DDoS guard code but somehow making it not work in the process.
  • Blaming mullvad VPN for black-holing KF traffic, then finding out it was a DNS issue and nothing to do with mullvad.
  • Sneaking a crypto miner into the forum and then whining when he got blacklisted as malware for it.

The list goes on and on. These are things he's admitted to publically, imagine what he' thinks is too embarassing to admit to. We used to call guys like him "pleasure fingers" because everything they touch is fucked.
Basically either he drives it into the ground or gayops gets so bad it backfires on the coomander in cheese. The more likely option is it gets nullified by his own hand or he loses the battle of attrition. It will probably get revived by others eventually like ed though. Maybe then it will be better if the one bringing it back isn't as retarded. I doubt people are confident in their backups at this point though.

KampungBoy

Local Moderator
Here's something a bit interesting. Back in 2021 Serbia had massive power outages due to huge snow storm in December. Two of their main power plants were knocked out and it sounds like the system was already in need of an upgrade. This seems to have hit the more built up areas of the country as well as causing an immediate significant increase in the cost of electricity.

Now if you look back at Nulls posting from that time it doesn't seem to have stopped him posting at all. I guess he could have been in some of the few areas unaffected but it seems kind of strange he wouldn't even mention something about it.

KampungBoy

Local Moderator
Ok I am fully convinced he wasn't in Serbia at this time. I went and found the MATI from the week of the 2021 snowstorm and he says he was having a bad week so he went out and "distracted myself by taking part in festivites"
You partook in festivities? In a country where you don't know anybody? During one of the worst snow storms of the last five years?

polonium

An Onion Among Onions
Wait, what?
It's going back a while, couple of years ago maybe? This is all out of my memory vault so please take with a pinch of salt till I can go find the links and stuff. I think I've got the highlights right though.

He put the miner in so viewing the forums was stealing your CPU to mine crypto which he collected. As I recall it the miner was rolled out silently and he got caught and called out for it, then made out like it was a trial that he didn't mean to turn on by default, and an option to turn it off appeared. He later removed the whole thing and of course now it's memory-holed and verboten to talk about.

There never was a miner and if there was it was opt-in and even if it wasn't opt-in then it was always going to have the option to be turned off and even if it didn't then it was going to be publically announced even though it wasn't.

fag0t

Hellovan Onion
It's going back a while, couple of years ago maybe? This is all out of my memory vault so please take with a pinch of salt till I can go find the links and stuff. I think I've got the highlights right though.

He put the miner in so viewing the forums was stealing your CPU to mine crypto which he collected. As I recall it the miner was rolled out silently and he got caught and called out for it, then made out like it was a trial that he didn't mean to turn on by default, and an option to turn it off appeared. He later removed the whole thing and of course now it's memory-holed and verboten to talk about.

There never was a miner and if there was it was opt-in and even if it wasn't opt-in then it was always going to have the option to be turned off and even if it didn't then it was going to be publically announced even though it wasn't.
i remember seeing him talk about this in chat when i was still there i think he said like people knew about it but they still put him on the list anyway

Ferengi of Romania

Buy my updated Rules of Acquisition
Remarkable Onion

So this post was an attempt to make it sound like no big deal?

Something about the constant Kiwi Flare challenges reminded me of it.

Crimson Fucker

Ţepeş
An Onion Among Onions
Ok I am fully convinced he wasn't in Serbia at this time. I went and found the MATI from the week of the 2021 snowstorm and he says he was having a bad week so he went out and "distracted myself by taking part in festivites"
You partook in festivities? In a country where you don't know anybody? During one of the worst snow storms of the last five years?
Outdoor snowstorm drinking party, whoever passes out freezes to death. You can also make snowmen with the empty bottles.

polonium

An Onion Among Onions
So this post was an attempt to make it sound like no big deal?

https://archive.ph/xi4K7
Yeah basically. I distinctly remember at the time people talking about their phones getting hot and going flat battery quick when browsing the farms and people poked around and uncovered the mining, then we got the announcement. People flagged him for malware because they thought there was malware there, and then he reluctantly came clean.

I remember the crypto miner, it was part of his "kiwiflare" shit right?

Something about the constant Kiwi Flare challenges reminded me of it.
He says the kiwiflare thing isn't a miner but who knows. If anyone was dumb enough to do that twice.....

Back