KF Related - General Knowledge I think I can recover a good part of the Kiwfarms General Thread

General knowledge on topics that pertain to Kiwifarms/Null

Crimson Fucker

ลขepeลŸ
Hellovan Onion
I had the developer set this up as a daily backup offsite. However, what I did not anticipate was that the developer did this incorrectly so that when the file was backed up there was no SQL being backed up. I did not find this out until a couple of days ago. Then we had issues with the sites going down because of lack of disk space. I am sorry but this was something I had no control over. What I am trying to do is to recreate the thread from screengrabs in the archive.
Did you have control over your finger when you deleted the thread?

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I'm your friendly neighborhood skinwalker
First 100 Pages
Pages 1 to 38 Can be recovered
Pages 39 to 40 Lost
Pages 41 to 52 Can be recovered
Pages 53 to 55 Lost
Pages 56 to 64 Can be recovered
Pages 65 to 68 Lost
Pages 69 to 77 Can be recovered
Pages 78 to 85 Lost
Pages 86 Can be recovered
Pages 87 to 89 Lost
Pages 90 to 91 Can be recovered
Pages 92 to 100 Lost

71 Pages can be recovered. 29 are lost.

ecto_chasm

Baby Onion
I have been checking the internet archive for back copies of Onionfarms and then have been going in there to the KF General thread. I think I can recover most of the pages. I have been saving each page as a MHTML document and I want to make them available. From what I have checked in the internet archive there were 380 pages listed but not all of them have been saved. But I may be able to get 2/3 to 3/4 of them recovered. Some of the pages were not archived and they are gone but I think I can get quite a bit of content recovered.
Godspeed! If ED can do it, so can you. ๐Ÿ™Œ

Stop Socking Gaylord

So bright, you can see me from space
SpergCage Resident
@Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt then make sure when your site creates backups, it creates an sql file too. in fact, you should tell your developer to configure your site's automatic backup system to create an sql file every time it creates a backup
The blind leading the blind, truly
reface-2024-04-05-10-21-15.jpg

If anything he should fire the (((developer))) and learn to RTFM instead

universe adventurer

explorer of the unknown, vast universe
Hellovan Onion
SELECT GROUP_CONCAT('DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ', table_name, ';')
FROM information_schema.tables
WHERE table_schema = 'onion farms database here;
oh, my bad, I only deal with local sql database, not online. I don't know if this will work but I think you can create a custom function that will allow you to automatically create an sql backup file. I know this because I have created an sql backup file in the past

polonium

How appropriate, you fight like a cow.
Hellovan Onion
oh, my bad, I only deal with local sql database, not online. I don't know if this will work but I think you can create a custom function that will allow you to automatically create an sql backup file. I know this because I have created an sql backup file in the past
Yes you can write an SQL query that will reconstruct the database schema and populate it with data and most RDBMSs will auto-generate it for you. You could even just run that query on a different but compatible RDBMS to migrate from one place to another