What's new
Onionfarms

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Welcome to Onionfarms - The most inclusive Kiwifarms splinter on the internet | all races | gay or straight | CIS or trans | If you can rock with us, you are one of us

Sensitive Viewer Trigger Warning: Some of the content in the forum may be very upsetting for more sensitive viewers. If you fall into this category, you don't need to explain yourself to us. We understand. We offer a more moderated forum for these viewers who still want to be a part of our community: Onionfarms.online

If you want to register: Do Not Use Gmail. We've had a lot of problems with them. Protonmail is your best alternative.

Opinion/Blog Virtual bonfire🔥

Opinion/Blog

unyuns

unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns *make beat noise with the mouth to avail*
Hellovan Onion
And that's exactly what I was talking about. Canine toddler impreg nothing about this is funny.
unyuns also hate herpyies episode.

Betelgeuse

I think it was Dostoevsky who said... Later fucker!
Hellovan Onion
I always felt there was more talent and passion behind it. Were has Family Guy always felt like a cheap cash grab.

If I said it once I set it 1,000 times if they would have canceled the show in the year 2000 or somewhere around there The Simpsons would be GOAT. But at this point, The Simpsons have been bad longer than they've been good.

South Park started out awful but somewhere around the mid-2000s where they found that middle ground it's when they really caught on.

For my money Ren and stimpy and The Simpsons are the best cartoons of the 20th century, and so far the 21st century goes to South Park The Venture Brothers and moral orel

Crimson Fucker

Å¢epeÅŸ
An Onion Among Onions
If I said it once I set it 1,000 times if they would have canceled the show in the year 2000 or somewhere around there The Simpsons would be GOAT. But at this point, The Simpsons have been bad longer than they've been good.

South Park started out awful but somewhere around the mid-2000s where they found that middle ground it's when they really caught on.

For my money Ren and stimpy and The Simpsons are the best cartoons of the 20th century, and so far the 21st century goes to South Park The Venture Brothers and moral orel
It's hard to watch ren and stimpy without thinking of the creator being a groomer but the fact I pirate it at least makes it so that I'm not supporting him when I do.

Betelgeuse

Hellovan Onion
It's hard to watch ren and stimpy without thinking of the creator being a groomer but the fact I pirate it at least makes it so that I'm not supporting him when I do.
To be honest I've always been the type of person who can separate the art from the artist easily. Whether it be Kevin Spacey and roles like seven or any of the Quentin Tarantino movies that were bankrolled by Harvey Weinstein, it doesn't matter to me. The only thing I've ever done was never watched a Roman Polanski movie because of the whole raping a 12-year-old up the ass being found guilty and fleeing to France.

I get that some people can't watch ren and stimpy anymore, but the fact of the matter is had The Big Three animators of bakshi, kricfalusi and groening not come along in the '80s and '90s animation would probably still look like trash. Think of the cartoons like He-Man and thundercats that literally had no effort put behind them, and then people like that Ralph bakshi open up the door for Peter Chung to make aeon flux.

Ren and stimpy walked so that the adult animation you see on cartoon network could run. Not to mention that I was a young boy during its heyday. I could never turn my back on characters who I love so much.

Hate the man, enjoy the art.

Crimson Fucker

Å¢epeÅŸ
An Onion Among Onions
To be honest I've always been the type of person who can separate the art from the artist easily. Whether it be Kevin Spacey and roles like seven or any of the Quentin Tarantino movies that were bankrolled by Harvey Weinstein, it doesn't matter to me. The only thing I've ever done was never watched a Roman Polanski movie because of the whole raping a 12-year-old up the ass being found guilty and fleeing to France.

I get that some people can't watch ren and stimpy anymore, but the fact of the matter is had The Big Three animators of bakshi, kricfalusi and groening not come along in the '80s and '90s animation would probably still look like trash. Think of the cartoons like He-Man and thundercats that literally had no effort put behind them, and then people like that Ralph bakshi open up the door for Peter Chung to make aeon flux.

Ren and stimpy walked so that the adult animation you see on cartoon network could run. Not to mention that I was a young boy during its heyday. I could never turn my back on characters who I love so much.

Yeah understandable. Especially if you don't support them financially. Like when we stream it on piracy sites.

Reason: I can watch the shows I just have the thoughts at the back of my mind.

Betelgeuse

Hellovan Onion
Yeah understandable. Especially if you don't support them financially. Like when we stream it on piracy sites.
I own all the DVDs but that was years before people found out he was problematic. There's no sense in getting rid of them now I already gave him
my money.

But absolutely I vote with my wallet and we'll never support anything John K does again

If it makes you feel any better this new reboot of ren and stimpy coming out has zero involvement from him and he will not be getting paid from it.

Crimson Fucker

Å¢epeÅŸ
An Onion Among Onions
I own all the DVDs but that was years before people found out he was problematic. There's no sense in getting rid of them now I already gave him
my money.

But absolutely I vote with my wallet and we'll never support anything John K does again

If it makes you feel any better this new reboot of ren and stimpy coming out has zero involvement from him and he will not be getting paid from it.
I usually pirate everything first and buy products if I like and support it later. No reason to get rid of what you already paid for and nothing wrong with having supported it without knowing. Because we're not omniscient.

kiwifails

Meow
Hellovan Onion

The venture bros, is an absolute masterpiece and so is moral oral. But that should go without saying. Ren and stimpy definitely brought its own style too bad about the Creator. South Park like The Simpsons unfortunately is being dragged around way past its prime. And I don't really like the direction South Park has taken by just being a weekly topical show. Though it has its moments. The Simpsons I didn't mind the first six seasons but after that I just can't handle it.

unyuns

unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns *make beat noise with the mouth to avail*
Hellovan Onion
Yeah I think I remember that. Thanks for reminding me.
to remembrer dog herpyies is pain. haha to other pain? remember too. sad. both sad. trauma together.

kiwifails

Meow
Hellovan Onion

"I agree with you on the sentiment of separating the artist from the art, most of the time. However, it depends on whether the art reflects the artist.
I would be lying if I didn't say this was one of the greatest pieces of animation I remember from my childhood.

Betelgeuse

Hellovan Onion
This would be true in a universe where Rocko's Modern Life didn't exist.
But I mean Ren and Stimpy was the first cartoon that made animators give a fuck again about quality when it came to animated television. The Simpsons was the show that popularized animation for adults. They aren't necessarily the best two animated shows, I'm just saying they made the most impact.

You know who never faltered on animation until they stopped doing animation and the early 2000s? (I hate giving them a compliment with how weird they are now but) Disney. Jesus Christ, especially that. In the mid-80s to early 90s, it was incredible.

It's a shame they literally stole all of their stories from other animations. As much as I love Aladdin I will never get over the fact that they stole that from the thief and the cobbler, an animation that was so complex that had been worked on for 50 years.

Back