What's new
Onionfarms

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• All threads pertaining to US political figures have been moved to US Politics Boiling Pot Forum under Gossip Central: At The Center Of It All Category.
  • Welcome to Onionfarms - The most inclusive Kiwifarms splinter on the internet | all races | gay or straight | CIS or trans | If you can rock with us, you are one of us

Sensitive Viewer Trigger Warning: Some of the content in the forum may be very upsetting for more sensitive viewers. If you fall into this category, you don't need to explain yourself to us. We understand. We offer a more moderated forum for these viewers who still want to be a part of our community: Onionfarms.online

If you want to register: Do Not Use Gmail. We've had a lot of problems with them. Protonmail is your best alternative.

Joshua Moon the owner of Kiwifarms
null 1.png
null 2.png
null 3.png
null 4.png
null 5.png
null 6.png
null 7.png
null 8.png

It seems the broom is aware of a credible threat to Elaine's life.
View attachment 32518
The Royal We doesn't include the Kwiffar who are in those Discord groups. It always comes back to the Farms.
Josh has always openly hated offsites because they blur lines and generate drama which then gets blamed on KF. It's a position I understand but chat is just as bad and encourages the same kind of cliques.

It's a position I understand but chat is just as bad and encourages the same kind of cliques.
There's no difference. It's a human centipede of Autism. The idea that there are these different camps, like the Discord gang, The Kwiffar Gang etc. It's Double Turbo Autists creating shit to post to get dopamine via ass pat stickers. joshy is has this problem... he needs "milk" to grift off of. He clearly has no problem with any ILJ shit happening. But he doesn't want to hand over any loose thread of DMs to the feds (and he knows if you are gay oppin', he reads your DMs) and for the jumper to start to unravel. If it was a purely about "watching"... joshy would stream 2hrs every couple of months. Look at the Kwiffars twitter, how many have a link to some shitty clip channel?

joshy has become dependent on the grift. And you've seen the results.

Take Plodwinson (forgive me, but I am literally his only truw n 'onest Alawg), for months certain socks have been oppin to grift off of (and most likely with) Plodz. I pointed it out. I was Free Speech Absolutist'd. Ironically it was Fibwinson who (a few years now) who said that a certain vintage of account was ruining the site. That could be just the "ew newfags stealing my ass pats", but the year was... well. Later for that.

tl/dr: It's not the platforms. It's the people. And they are all Kwiffar at the end of the day.

There's no difference. It's a human centipede of Autism. The idea that there are these different camps, like the Discord gang, The Kwiffar Gang etc. It's Double Turbo Autists creating shit to post to get dopamine via ass pat stickers. joshy is has this problem... he needs "milk" to grift off of. He clearly has no problem with any ILJ shit happening. But he doesn't want to hand over any loose thread of DMs to the feds (and he knows if you are gay oppin', he reads your DMs) and for the jumper to start to unravel. If it was a purely about "watching"... joshy would stream 2hrs every couple of months. Look at the Kwiffars twitter, how many have a link to some shitty clip channel?

joshy has become dependent on the grift. And you've seen the results.

Take Plodwinson (forgive me, but I am literally his only truw n 'onest Alawg), for months certain socks have been oppin to grift off of (and most likely with) Plodz. I pointed it out. I was Free Speech Absolutist'd. Ironically it was Fibwinson who (a few years now) who said that a certain vintage of account was ruining the site. That could be just the "ew newfags stealing my ass pats", but the year was... well. Later for that.

tl/dr: It's not the platforms. It's the people. And they are all Kwiffar at the end of the day.
I'm not aware of what's going on with ILJ, but will go and check it out. As the board has grown I've found myself consuming ever smaller parts of it.

I agree that Josh is "dependent on the grift". While some moves to grow the site have been successful in that they've attracted new members, I don't know they've ultimately been beneficial to the site.

The "illustrious" and "prestigious" far-right libertarian financial blog and news aggregator Zero Hedge added this disclaimer to Josh's article more than a year after it was posted.
"Contributor posts published on Zero Hedge do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Zero Hedge, and are not selected, edited or screened by Zero Hedge editors."

Josh's article had no disclaimer into at least September 2022. The removal could possibly sync up with the time Keffals waged war against Kiwifarms.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/xgyagd/keffals-kiwi-farms (September 7, 2022)

Last edited:
The "illustrious" and "prestigious" far-right libertarian financial blog and news aggregator Zero Hedge added this disclaimer to Josh's article more than a year after it was posted.
"Contributor posts published on Zero Hedge do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Zero Hedge, and are not selected, edited or screened by Zero Hedge editors."

Josh's article had no disclaimer into at least September 2022. The removal could possibly sync up with the time Keffals waged war against Kiwifarms.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/xgyagd/keffals-kiwi-farms (September 7, 2022)
Get fucked Josh

So apparently a couple of British academics have been scraping KF since 2013 and have written a study about #DropKiwiFarms:

Deplatforming hate forums doesn't work, British boffins warn

Industry intervention alone can't deal with harassment
Thomas Claburn
Tue 18 Apr 2023 // 08:33 UTC

Depriving online hate groups of network services - otherwise known as deplatforming - doesn't work very well, according to boffins based in the United Kingdom.

In a recently released preprint paper, Anh Vu, Alice Hutchings, and Ross Anderson, from the University of Cambridge and the University of Edinburgh, examine efforts to disrupt harassment forum Kiwi Farms and find that community and industry interventions have been largely ineffective.

Their study, undertaken as lawmakers around the world are considering policies that aspire to moderate unlawful or undesirable online behavior, reveals that deplatforming has only a modest impact and those running harmful sites remain free to carry on harassing people through other services.

"Deplatforming users may reduce activity and toxicity levels of relevant actors on Twitter and Reddit, limit the spread of conspiratorial disinformation on Facebook, and minimize disinformation and extreme speech on YouTube," they write in their paper. "But deplatforming has often made hate groups and individuals even more extreme, toxic and radicalized."

As examples, they cite how Reddit's ban of r/incels in November 2017 led to the creation of two incel domains, which then grew rapidly. They also point to how users banned from Twitter and Reddit "exhibit higher levels of toxicity when migrating to Gab," among other similar situations.

This is the study, which you can download as a free .pdf but AFAICT it has not yet been published in an actual academic journal of name, so either their research methods are plainly unethical/dodgy that no self-respecting journal wanted to touch it, or they are still shopping it around:

No Easy Way Out: The Effectiveness of Deplatforming an Extremist Forum to Suppress Hate and Harassment - Anh V. Vu, Alice Hutchings, Ross Anderson

Legislators and policymakers worldwide are debating options for suppressing illegal, harmful and undesirable material online. Drawing on several quantitative datasets, we show that deplatforming an active community to suppress online hate and harassment, even with a substantial collective effort involving several tech firms, can be hard. Our case study is the disruption of the largest and longest-running harassment forum Kiwi Farms in late 2022, which is probably the most extensive industry effort to date. We collected complete snapshots of this site and its primary competitor Lolcow Farm, encompassing over 14.7M posts during their lifespan over the past decade. These data are supplemented with a full scrape of the Telegram channel used to disseminate new updates when the forum was down, tweets made by the online community leading the takedown, and search interest and web traffic to the forum spanning two months before and four months after the event. Despite the active participation of several tech firms over a few months, this campaign failed to shut down the forum and remove its objectionable content. While briefly raising public awareness, it led to rapid platform displacement and traffic fragmentation. Part of the activity decamped to Telegram, while traffic shifted from the primary domain to previously abandoned alternatives. The community leading the campaign lost interest quickly, traffic was directed back to the main domain, users quickly returned, and the forum was back online and became even more connected. The net effect was that forum activity, active users, threads, posts and traffic were all cut by about half. Deplatforming a dispersed community using a series of court orders against individual service providers appears unlikely to be very effective if the censor cannot incapacitate the key maintainers, whether by arresting them, enjoining them or otherwise deterring them.

Subjects: Cryptography and Security (cs.CR); Computers and Society (cs.CY)
Cite as: arXiv:2304.07037 [cs.CR]
(or arXiv:2304.07037v1 [cs.CR] for this version)

KF has a thread about this study but I can't archive it, I'm getting a 403 error (The 403 Forbidden Error happens when the web page (or another resource) that you’re trying to open in your web browser is a resource that you’re not allowed to access.):

So apparently a couple of British academics have been scraping KF since 2013 and have written a study about #DropKiwiFarms:

This is the study, which you can download as a free .pdf but AFAICT it has not yet been published in an actual academic journal of name, so either their research methods are plainly unethical/dodgy that no self-respecting journal wanted to touch it, or they are still shopping it around:

KF has a thread about this study but I can't archive it, I'm getting a 403 error (The 403 Forbidden Error happens when the web page (or another resource) that you’re trying to open in your web browser is a resource that you’re not allowed to access.):
first time not being a user? all A&H is restricted to users only, same with nudes.

"Parasocial obsession" = trying to figure out why there are so many weird rumours going around about Null, and trying to figure out if any of them are based in reality.

It's cool that Lidl personally doesn't give a shit about whose forum he's on and what that forum is used for, but others are more curious/concerned about it.

I am just gonna point to Marilyn Manson again and warn that the reason Manson has such a hard time defending himself right now against all these criminal accusations levelled against him, is partially his own damn fault: it's because Manson allowed the wild rumour-mongering about him to spread online and off-line for years and actively encouraged it in some cases. For example, Manson could have told the truth about the notorious Groupie tape - for decades the subject of wild speculation - and just released it online for anyone to see for themselves. He could have done this years ago, but he thought it was better to allow wild rumours to spread to make himself seem more extreme than he really is (or so he now claims). The rumour mongering effectively provides Manson with probable deniability ("oh, it's just crazy people saying crazy things, lol, they've always done that!") until there's an actual lawsuit or criminal prosecution, and all of a sudden people's inability to distinguish fact from fiction comes back to bite you hard.

Rumours are funny and lulz (and a source of personal notoriety and income) as long as you're not actually made to answer for them. That's what I have to say to both Manson and Null.

Back