What's new
Onionfarms

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Welcome to Onionfarms - The most inclusive Kiwifarms splinter on the internet | all races | gay or straight | CIS or trans | If you can rock with us, you are one of us

Sensitive Viewer Trigger Warning: Some of the content in the forum may be very upsetting for more sensitive viewers. If you fall into this category, you don't need to explain yourself to us. We understand. We offer a more moderated forum for these viewers who still want to be a part of our community: Onionfarms.online

If you want to register: Do Not Use Gmail. We've had a lot of problems with them. Protonmail is your best alternative.

chip discussion

Kiwi Kitty

“I never lied to you, Leese. You know why? Because it doesn't serve me.”
Local Moderator
i'm really about to effort post about chips but here we go..

what are different chips you've tried and liked or hated and thought was weird?
i prefer spicy or salty things over anything so i will get things like salt & vinegar or flaming hot fries. :feels:
i like kettle chips more than regular because they are less greasy and taste better in my opinion..

ezgif-4-a68c89cd92.png

miss vickies sea salt & vinegar chips are my go to.. :like:

i feel like lays salt & vinegar chips tasted better in the past but now they dont taste that satisfying
i hate when chips make pickle flavors and think it's the nastiest shit..

ezgif-4-0ce877d5d7.png

:sickshit: those alongside hamburger flavored Doritos make me want to just throw up at the thought..
what are your favorite chips or chips you think are disgusting and shouldnt had ever been made

Kiwi Kitty

Local Moderator
I don't go out of my way for junk food but kettle chips in general hit with a sammich, particularly the jalapeno bitches.
kettle chips with a good sandwich hits the way it should.. :feels:
jalapeno flavored chips are good, lime as well..
if you've never tried it try chips inside of a bagel sandwich with cream cheese and roast beef
the crunch adds to it if you add in a layer of kettle chips :like:

Time 4 Guillotines

An Onion Among Onions
if you've never tried it try chips inside of a bagel sandwich with cream cheese and roast beef
the crunch adds to it if you add in a layer of kettle chips
Oi weh, that does sound on point. Can't say I've ever had a bagel sammich, I'm more of a kolache/breakfast taco kind of guy. Nothing against bagels, I just know a jewish trick when I see one.
"Here's a $5 piece of bread, goy. Don't mind me though, I'm just going to take a little pinch out the middle"
laughing.gif

Kiwi Kitty

Local Moderator
Oi weh, that does sound on point. Can't say I've ever had a bagel sammich, I'm more of a kolache/breakfast taco kind of guy. Nothing against bagels, I just know a jewish trick when I see one.
"Here's a $5 piece of bread, goy. Don't mind me though, I'm just going to take a little pinch out the middle"
View attachment 58143
> little pinch out of the middle..
this is why donuts are also a scam :deviant:

bagel sandwiches are nice especially if you toast them, stuffed with roast beef or thin ham and cheese is so good as a lunch.
i really like pairing sandwiches with chips, it's a comfortable combo..
breakfast tacos sound good too how do you make yours :thinking: myself i sometimes make breakfast quesadillas

Time 4 Guillotines

An Onion Among Onions
this is why donuts are also a scam
Donut chads at least have the decency to sell bags of donut holes. But what are the (((delicatessens))) doing with the bit they're skimming off the top? 🧐
breakfast tacos sound good too how do you make yours
I usually keep it simple and go with either migas or chorizo+egg+potatoes+cheese.
I typically won't fuck with a Mexican restaurant's breakfast tacos unless they have lengua, cabeza, tripas or nopales on the lunch menu. Otherwise it's probably just some overpriced texmex BS.

Kiwi Kitty

Local Moderator
Donut chads at least have the decency to sell bags of donut holes. But what are the (((delicatessens))) doing with the bit they're skimming off the top? 🧐

I usually keep it simple and go with either migas or chorizo+egg+potatoes+cheese.
I typically won't fuck with a Mexican restaurant's breakfast tacos unless they have lengua, cabeza, tripas or nopales on the lunch menu. Otherwise it's probably just some overpriced texmex BS.
i have only been to one or two actual Mexican restaurants that aren't junk food fake Mexican food like tacobell & i really like how well made breakfast street tacos taste. :samoychikin: i just don't know how to make them taste that good myself.. i might want to try the chorizo+egg+potatoes+cheese combo that sounds good.
when i make my breakfast quesadillas i just use shredded cheese, chopped/cooked up fresh bacon, chives and egg then cook them on the stove with butter. :like:
good with a lil hot sauce on top.'

Time 4 Guillotines

An Onion Among Onions
i just don't know how to make them taste that good myself
Hm, not sure what you could be doing differently other than using premade tortillas maybe. They're wicked easy to make and the time spent is worth it since there's not a bagged tort that compares to fresh made.
good with a lil hot sauce on top
A solid salsa is important. I used to work for a catering company and I started every day making 5 gallon buckets of roasted salsa. Easiest thing in the world. Char all your veggies, throw them in a blender, add cilantro+lime+salt, pulse to desired consistency.

Kiwi Kitty

Local Moderator
Hm, not sure what you could be doing differently other than using premade tortillas maybe. They're wicked easy to make and the time spent is worth it since there's not a bagged tort that compares to fresh made.

A solid salsa is important. I used to work for a catering company and I started every day making 5 gallon buckets of roasted salsa. Easiest thing in the world. Char all your veggies, throw them in a blender, add cilantro+lime+salt, pulse to desired consistency.
probably using premade tortillas was the issue.. :story: making them myself for that more fluffy texture would be the way to go.
it would be worth it instead of the cheap thin premade ones that aren't fresh.
i sometimes make my own salsa and a hot chip dip with red pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, lime & sometimes celery/tomatoes for extra juice..
all of this talk makes me hungry :haha:

Time 4 Guillotines

An Onion Among Onions
all of this talk makes me hungry
It's been a very ramen every day sort of month for me, so I hear ya. Can't wait to get back to civilization so I can hit up some Szechuan Chinese since I'm dying for some hot pot action. Had an amazing one down south with intestine and blood cake but have never found another joint with that dish.

Kiwi Kitty

Local Moderator
It's been a very ramen every day sort of month for me, so I hear ya. Can't wait to get back to civilization so I can hit up some Szechuan Chinese since I'm dying for some hot pot action. Had an amazing one down south with intestine and blood cake but have never found another joint with that dish.
ohh yeah are you still traveling around? I remembered you mentioning that before in another thread and was wondering how that was going.. :thinking:
hot pot is very good I haven't had hot pot in years but i had it a lot with groups of friends, intestines and blood cake sounds scary but probably exotic.

Kiwi Kitty

Local Moderator
front_fr.57.full.jpg

i wish i never tried these in the past.. most rancid thing i ever put in my mouth

Time 4 Guillotines

An Onion Among Onions
ohh yeah are you still traveling around? I remembered you mentioning that before in another thread and was wondering how that was going..
The carnival sucks balls lol. Quitting this coming week and moseying on towards Gothic King Cobra country
intestines and blood cake sounds scary but probably exotic
It was surprisingly good. The intestines were cooked thoroughly until tender and the blood cake really just soaked up all the flavor of the broth. Blood cake is made exactly like tofu but they use pork blood instead of soy milk. No iron taste or anything. Everyone should try authentic backwoodsy Chinese at least once.

Kiwi Kitty

Local Moderator
The carnival sucks balls lol. Quitting this coming week and moseying on towards Gothic King Cobra country

It was surprisingly good. The intestines were cooked thoroughly until tender and the blood cake really just soaked up all the flavor of the broth. Blood cake is made exactly like tofu but they use pork blood instead of soy milk. No iron taste or anything. Everyone should try authentic backwoodsy Chinese at least once.
you went to a carnival lol? quitting the traveling i presume? :thinking:i hope it was a fun time..

i'm open minded with trying new foods so i think i would be open to trying a backwoodsy chinese joint :like: if something tastes good it doesn't really matter to me what it tastes like but..
the blood cake soaking up flavor and broth with no iron taste i can see tasting good with the other seasonings and flavors of the dish.

Time 4 Guillotines

An Onion Among Onions
you went to a carnival lol? quitting the traveling i presume?
Joined the carnival lol. The work itself is fine but the pay is abysmal, like criminally so. I get commission off the joint I run and nothing else, so my hourly wage averages to less than minimum wage considering I work 10-12 hour days. Truly the land labor laws forgot.
the blood cake soaking up flavor and broth with no iron taste i can see tasting good with the other seasonings and flavors of the dish
Oh yeah, Szechuan Chinese is the best. They have this whole culinary theory about utilizing the seven flavors in their dishes
Screenshot_2024-07-07-12-09-21-94_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.png

Back