What shows are you watching currently. Either rewatching or new to you.

Anne Hathaway Fan

Don't data mine my forearm bro
Hellovan Onion
Old shows I'm currently watching:

Breaking bad
Black sails
The sopranos
Lost
Moral Orel

New shows I'm currently watching:

Rick and Morty
Ashes of love (fuck you my gf is Chinese)
Fallout (my morbid curiosity dictates that I see it)

Crimson Fucker

ลขepeลŸ
Hellovan Onion
I rewatched breaking bad and better call Saul a while back.

I never finished the walking dead so I could go back to that one. There is too many different seasons and they always took too many pauses between them that made you lose interest.

They are doing this same thing with invincible now. Too much time between them and people forget about it and fall off.

Anne Hathaway Fan

Hellovan Onion
I recently rewatched Altered Carbon. I'm sure the books are better and the netflix thing is absolute trash for plebs but the first series was a really good cyberpunk story and it had all the rain and neon to really get your juices going. I don't know why they had to nig it up for the next series.
That's good shit, pal!

Anne Hathaway Fan

Hellovan Onion
I rewatched breaking bad and better call Saul a while back.

I never finished the walking dead so I could go back to that one. There is too many different seasons and they always took too many pauses between them that made you lose interest.

They are doing this same thing with invincible now. Too much time between them and people forget about it and fall off.
Don't waste your time with The Walking Dead. My girlfriend and I call it "the greatest show that was never even GOOD"

Let me go off in a little bit of a tangent on this horrible show.

First of all they ripped off George Romero to the point where he refused to direct an episode because he felt disrespected. Second of all every season of that show was 16 episodes: four great ones, four mediocre ones, and eight filler ones. Fucking BORING. If you cut all the good bits out of the 10 seasons of the walking dead you'd probably have four decent seasons.

TWD illustrates perfectly the fact that zombie stuff should be in movie form and does not lend itself well to TV. That show was a never-ending cycle of:

- we found a new place!
- oh no somebody wants our place!
- we have to fight to defend our place!
- oh no we destroyed our place defending it!
- we have to find a new place!
- we found a new place!
- Rinse and repeat.

The first season was so good because they had Frank Darabont direct all of the episodes. He's the guy who made stuff like the mist, the green mile and the shawshank redemption. That's why every episode had a movie quality feel to it. But then after it was a proven hit, AMC decided that he was too pricey and so were the episodes so they fired him from his own show and then refused to pay him the royalties for creating it even though his name was on the credits of every episode.

I feel like there were people like me who spent so much time waiting for that show to get as good as the first season was again, that by the time they realized it was never going to be a great show they had invested so much time they just stuck with it. Kind of like the people who watch The Simpsons now even though The Simpsons have been garbage water and should have been canceled back in 2000.

In short, TWD was such an awful show that wasted so much of my time that if the entire production crew would have came over and wiped their asses on my curtains I would have been less offended.

Crimson Fucker

ลขepeลŸ
Hellovan Onion
Yeah there are so many seasons and breaks in between them that I can't be bothered to find out where I left off and don't really want to restart it.

I just got done watching king Kong x Godzilla on a pirate site the other day.

Going to watch RIPD 1 and 2 with a friend later because they haven't seen it.

Reason: Forgot to mention what I was going to watch later

Anne Hathaway Fan

Hellovan Onion
Yeah there are so many seasons and breaks in between them that I can't be bothered to find out where I left off and don't really want to restart it.

I just got done watching king Kong x Godzilla on a pirate site the other day.

Going to watch RIPD 1 and 2 with a friend later because they haven't seen it.
I hate that show so much and I hate the fact that I want to see "the ones who live" simply for the fact that Philadelphia is the only city left standing that runs the world and I want to know how Philly didn't fall.

Fear The Walking Dead started out SO fucking good until season 4 when they announced that scott gimple dude was coming over from The Walking Dead. I literally turned to my wife at the time and said "they're going to kill off Madison and they are going to kill off Nick for cheap ratings"

Not only was I right, they didn't even have the restraint to wait until the season finale. Both of those main characters got killed off before the season was halfway over.

I recommend you watch the first three seasons of fear and then stop watching. It answers so many "Why didn't they do that on The Walking Dead?" Questions, including:

Why didn't they try to leave the country? ๐Ÿค”
Why didn't they try to get on a boat? ๐Ÿค”
Rubbing themselves in zombie guts worked until they got rained on, why didn't they ever try that method again? ๐Ÿค”
How the FUCK did the military fall? ๐Ÿค”
How would crazy doomsday preppers fare? ๐Ÿค”

You can tell that they had a lot of freedom to answer questions and explore things that never got time on TWD. But just like TWD, amc FOUND a way to fuck it up.

Timepace

Greatest Fuck Up
Remarkable Onion
I'm watching Crooks on Netflix just came out
Yes, it's the lips don't match the dubbing but I have enjoyed it, and one of the characters I have really started to like.
If you can get past the lip stuff and like action with a pretty good story, I'd watch it.

gif.gif
Crooks-2024-Netflix-series-review.jpg

polonium

feels later than it is
Hellovan Onion
Don't waste your time with The Walking Dead. My girlfriend and I call it "the greatest show that was never even GOOD"

Let me go off in a little bit of a tangent on this horrible show.

First of all they ripped off George Romero to the point where he refused to direct an episode because he felt disrespected. Second of all every season of that show was 16 episodes: four great ones, four mediocre ones, and eight filler ones. Fucking BORING. If you cut all the good bits out of the 10 seasons of the walking dead you'd probably have four decent seasons.

TWD illustrates perfectly the fact that zombie stuff should be in movie form and does not lend itself well to TV. That show was a never-ending cycle of:

- we found a new place!
- oh no somebody wants our place!
- we have to fight to defend our place!
- oh no we destroyed our place defending it!
- we have to find a new place!
- we found a new place!
- Rinse and repeat.

The first season was so good because they had Frank Darabont direct all of the episodes. He's the guy who made stuff like the mist, the green mile and the shawshank redemption. That's why every episode had a movie quality feel to it. But then after it was a proven hit, AMC decided that he was too pricey and so were the episodes so they fired him from his own show and then refused to pay him the royalties for creating it even though his name was on the credits of every episode.

I feel like there were people like me who spent so much time waiting for that show to get as good as the first season was again, that by the time they realized it was never going to be a great show they had invested so much time they just stuck with it. Kind of like the people who watch The Simpsons now even though The Simpsons have been garbage water and should have been canceled back in 2000.

In short, TWD was such an awful show that wasted so much of my time that if the entire production crew would have came over and wiped their asses on my curtains I would have been less offended.
My other half bought the DVDs for walking dead and I tried watching it, but I just find it impossible to get behind any of the characters. They're all people I'd probably be looking for excuses to shoot or leave behind in an apocalyptic zombie aftermath world. Whenever someone has something horrible happening to them inevitably it's their own fault but they're so unlikable there not even any pathos in it. You don't even get any relief when a character gets killed off because they're just replaced by someone even more annoying.

Anne Hathaway Fan

Hellovan Onion
My other half bought the DVDs for walking dead and I tried watching it, but I just find it impossible to get behind any of the characters. They're all people I'd probably be looking for excuses to shoot or leave behind in an apocalyptic zombie aftermath world. Whenever someone has something horrible happening to them inevitably it's their own fault but they're so unlikable there not even any pathos in it. You don't even get any relief when a character gets killed off because they're just replaced by someone even more annoying.
And not to be "that guy", but is there something about being in the queer community that makes you better at surviving the Apocalypse? Apparently according to that show when the zombies come 80% of the new world is going to be lgbtq. It was distracting. There were more gays on that show than there were BLACK PEOPLE.