Onionfarms Movie Night

In the process of being set up.

Revenue Generation

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
Global Moderator
I am looking at ideas for generating revenue. We are relatively small (just under 4000) but you would be surprised who is keeping an eye on us. But let's brainstorm:

Promotional items - I am looking at designs for sweatshirts, T-shirts mousepads and so forth. I have a few ideas in mind that will prevent us from falling into the pitfalls that are plaguing kiwifarms

Sticker - should there be a true and honest sticker like kiwifarms?

Regular Donations: I have PayPal and Stripe but I have not utilized Stripe yet. Should I set up for regular Donations?

If you have any ideas feel free to share them.

Zephyr

Smoking that ____ pack
Remarkable Onion
Promotional items - I am looking at designs for sweatshirts, T-shirts mousepads and so forth. I have a few ideas in mind that will prevent us from falling into the pitfalls that are plaguing kiwifarms
Something that I'm surprised Null doesn't do - and that Onionfarms should - is sell IRL vinyl stickers. The designs should be simple but recognizable.

Hell, sell some of the stickers as real stickers. Could be funny.

polonium

You scream and everybody comes a-running
Hellovan Onion
Something that I'm surprised Null doesn't do - and that Onionfarms should - is sell IRL vinyl stickers. The designs should be simple but recognizable.

Didn't he used to sell a $50 sticker that worked out to be the donation for "True & Honest" so you could get into the inner-circle section?

polonium

You scream and everybody comes a-running
Hellovan Onion
dunno but I know True & Honest is $20 now
Yeah the sticker was more because he wanted $20 profit after the print-to-order sticker place took their cut.

To be fair, although I have T&H, it was gifted to me by some rando. I've never given null anything other than bad vibes.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
Global Moderator

I am going to do something unprecedented in the history of the kiwi community: I am going to have a few of the designs LGBT themed: Cool Onions Club for Kiwifarms (C.O.C.K).

Kunikazu Okumura

Remarkable Onion
True Hater badges at 20 dollars a piece.

Null did have those stickers that were hard to remove, but I don't know if that's what this site needs.

Fedbuster

You are all pointless internet noise
Remarkable Onion
I am looking at ideas for generating revenue. We are relatively small (just under 4000) but you would be surprised who is keeping an eye on us. But let's brainstorm:

Regular Donations: I have PayPal and Stripe but I have not utilized Stripe yet. Should I set up for regular Donations?

Just launch a Total Retard War against the Kiwis.

Goodspot

Still workin' on it
Baby Onion

Merchandising would be cool. If I want to give money to an organization, I'd much rather get something out of it than simply donate. I think creating some Onion Farms stickers and stickers based off of ratings (maybe like Winner, Shocking, Deep Thunk, Like, Dislike etc.) would be nice. Onion Farms t-shirts or sweatshirts would be interesting, but because Onion Farms is very obscure, I think that any designs should be relatable and enjoyable to the average person and not be too obscure or confusing.

I don't support creating a T&H badge and exclusive stickers like Kiwi Farms. All that does is just make the people who are willing to give money to the site feel superior than those who don't and somewhat divides the user base. Let people donate and buy merch, but don't give them a special badge or exclusive boards or stickers.

A little powerleveling, but I used to be a patreon supporter on a Discord server for a certain video game and we had several exclusive channels just for paying users. I almost exclusively talked in and read the patreon channels. There was definitely a feeling of superiority among us over the non-paying users, and we would even mock them and talk about them behind their backs. My expierence there informs me that delineating between paying and non-paying users is not desirable for the community.

Last edited:

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
Global Moderator
Merchandising would be cool. If I want to give money to an organization, I'd much rather get something out of it than simply donate. I think creating some Onion Farms stickers and stickers based off of ratings (maybe like Winner, Shocking, Deep Thunk, Like, Dislike etc.) would be nice. Onion Farms t-shirts or sweatshirts would be interesting, but because Onion Farms is very obscure, I think that any designs should be relatable and enjoyable to the average person and not be too obscure or confusing.

I don't support creating a T&H badge and exclusive stickers like Kiwi Farms. All that does is just make the people who are willing to give money to the site feel superior than those who don't and somewhat divides the user base. Let people donate and buy merch, but don't give them a special badge or exclusive boards or stickers.

A little powerleveling, but I used to be a patreon supporter on a Discord server for a certain video game and we had several exclusive channels just for paying users. I almost exclusively talked in and read the patreon channels. There was definitely a feeling of superiority among us over the non-paying users, and we would even mock them and talk about them behind their backs. My expierence there informs me that delineating between paying and non-paying users is not desirable for the community.
That's pretty much how I see it also. I also think the merchandising might help us come out of obscurity.

The Gays From LA

The Gays From LA Took My K.Flay Away
Hellovan Onion
but you would be surprised who is keeping an eye on us
This sounds rather ominous, can you talk about this more? Who is keeping an eye on this forum?

I also think the merchandising might help us come out of obscurity.
What will help you come out of obscurity is not merchandise - IMO there aren't enough people heavily invested in this forum for something like that to generate a profit - but rather stopping the trolls from shitting up threads with off-topic arguments or allowing them to scare away the newbies with unhinged flamewars and downvote brigades. You need to do more to retain the people that are here rather than allowing a small group of trolls to send them packing the moment they show up here.

We are relatively small (just under 4000)

How many of those are actually regularly active though?
How many of those participate, rather than log in once to have a look around and never logged back in again?

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
Global Moderator
This sounds rather ominous, can you talk about this more? Who is keeping an eye on this forum?

What will help you come out of obscurity is not merchandise - IMO there aren't enough people heavily invested in this forum for something like that to generate a profit - but rather stopping the trolls from shitting up threads with off-topic arguments or allowing them to scare away the newbies with unhinged flamewars and downvote brigades. You need to do more to retain the people that are here rather than allowing a small group of trolls to send them packing the moment they show up here.

How many of those are actually regularly active though?
How many of those participate, rather than log in once to have a look around and never logged back in again?
@The Gays From LA let me clarify: We get a lot of site referrals from KF (naturally) but we are also getting a lot from Twitter ( checking us in terms of harmful links). We are also getting the attention of Reddit users, 4chan, the metokur forums and now the ED forums. I understand your concerns: No, we are not on any kind of government watch list or anything like that.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
Global Moderator
A couple of diversity stickers that I designed
Gay Pride Onionfarms Twitter Logo.jpg

Neurodiversity Pride1.jpg