• Welcome to Onionfarms - The most inclusive Kiwifarms splinter on the internet | all races | gay or straight | CIS or trans | If you can rock with us, you are one of us

Announcement Reorganizing the forum

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
Global Administrator
You may have been noticing some changes in the forum. I am in the process of reorganizing the forum. I will be adding some sub-forums to try and organize the threads better so we don't look so cluttered and disorganized.
I am also in the process of reorganizing the thread prefixes. At least for our biggest forum (People with Single Threads & their orbiters). I will basically have three thread prefixes that will describe how much in the public eye different individuals of interest are:
Limited Public Figure:
Public Figure Netsphere
Public Figure Celebritrysphere
I am trying to flatten out the prefix system so they will be easy to understand.

A few other changes: I am moving away from terminology such as "lolcow" or referring to people of interest as "lolcows". I am also phasing out "Tranny" and "Trannies" and replacing them with alternate descriptions. I am trying to move the forum's image away from that of a "lolcow forum" to an e-celebrity gossip forum that will be more acceptable to the mainstream. Don't worry, you will still have your favorite people to gossip about. If you have been exiled from Kiwifarms, Lolcow.farm and so forth don't fret, you will have a home here. I know that we have a reputation of being the forum of "second chances" and that will not change.

Overall, I am trying to figure out what Kiwifarms does best so we can use it for our forum while moving more into the mainstream.

IL64

Registered
Wait, is this site about laughing at lolcows or just dirty gossip like kiwi is? Shouldn't you want to branch away and pick up people that do not want the system that Null has for his site?
Thanks in advance for clearing things up.

Kiwi Kitty

โ€œI never lied to you, Leese. You know why? Because it doesn't serve me.โ€
Local Moderator
do what you need to do.. this site is comfortable but changes arent a bad things all of the time. if something doesnt work youll just get feedback :samoy:

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
Global Administrator
Wait, is this site about laughing at lolcows or just dirty gossip like kiwi is? Shouldn't you want to branch away and pick up people that do not want the system that Null has for his site?
We can still laugh at the same people we have always laughed at. I am just changing the terminology. In other words: Laugh at lolcows without giving the appearance of a lolcow forum.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
Global Administrator
Basically a lolcow is a public figure or celebrity that makes an ass out of himself/herself on the internet and we laugh about it. As far as "dirty gossip" is concerned, we're already doing that. Right? This is what the forum is built on. Having said this, we do intersect partially with classical celebrity gossip but not entirely.

IL64

Registered
We can still laugh at the same people we have always laughed at. I am just changing the terminology. In other words: Laugh at lolcows without giving the appearance of a lolcow forum.
Basically a lolcow is a public figure or celebrity that makes an ass out of himself/herself on the internet and we laugh about it. As far as "dirty gossip" is concerned, we're already doing that. Right? This is what the forum is built on. Having said this, we do intersect partially with classical celebrity gossip but not entirely.
Thank you for the kind responses, cleared it all up for me, essentially you just don't like the current lingo and are replacing it from what I can gather and that sounds like a good endeavor.

unyuns

unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns unyuns *make beat noise with the mouth to avail*
Hellovan Onion
we have farm areas?

Moontroon

Daniel Lopez is a pedophile
Remarkable Onion
Thank you for the kind responses, cleared it all up for me, essentially you just don't like the current lingo and are replacing it from what I can gather and that sounds like a good endeavor.
Two years ago I was lurking here at the height of #dropkiwifarms and kengle was talking about moving away from being a lolcow site and towards a celebrity gossip format. It never happened, and it's never going to happen. Celebrities are not lolcows and never will be, and nobody here gives a flying fuck about celebrities.

It's a kiwi splinter no matter what kengle decides to call it today, or tries to manipulate it into being tomorrow. His absolute best chance at sucess and fame is to be ready to carry the lolcow torch when kiwifarms finally dies off. I honestly don't think he has what it takes to run a kiwi successor, given he can barely even run a site with 20 active users who mostly only come here to seethe about Joshua and his big fat cunt.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
Global Administrator
Two years ago I was lurking here at the height of #dropkiwifarms and kengle was talking about moving away from being a lolcow site and towards a celebrity gossip format. It never happened, and it's never going to happen. Celebrities are not lolcows and never will be, and nobody here gives a flying fuck about celebrities.

It's a kiwi splinter no matter what kengle decides to call it today, or tries to manipulate it into being tomorrow. His absolute best chance at sucess and fame is to be ready to carry the lolcow torch when kiwifarms finally dies off. I honestly don't think he has what it takes to run a kiwi successor, given he can barely even run a site with 20 active users who mostly only come here to seethe about Joshua and his big fat cunt.

"Celebrities are not lolcows and never will be": Donald Trump, Elon Musk, Wil Wheaton, Bam Magera, Kayne West, Mike Cernovich, Candace Owens, The Thunberg Family, Britanny Venti, Madonna, Tara Strong.

All of these people have threads on Kiwifarms and all of them are or have been in the celebritysphere. Kiwifarms has had thread on celebrities for years so what's the difference between we doing it or them doing it?

"Nobody gives a flying fuck about celebrities": You mean Josh doesn't give a flying fuck about Elon Musk? Kiwifarms doesn't give a flying fuck about Donald Trump or Biden Derangement Syndrome?

Anybody can stick their foot in their mouth, engage in internet shit-flinging and vendettas and it does not make any difference whether your status is a regular individual, a moderate public figure or a celebrity. This is human nature for better or for worse and it has been that way ever since the dawn of civilization. Yeah that lolcow theory sounds good from a distance but when it falls apart when you carefully scrutinize it.

"Carry the lolcow torch when kiwifarms finally dies off": In other words, spending tens of thousands of dollars on legal fees, being blacklisted from your occupation, being disowned by your family. That's a funny way of defining success.

But everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Moontroon

Remarkable Onion
"Celebrities are not lolcows and never will be": Donald Trump, Elon Musk, Wil Wheaton, Bam Magera, Kayne West, Mike Cernovich, Candace Owens, The Thunberg Family, Britanny Venti, Madonna, Tara Strong.

All of these people have threads on Kiwifarms and all of them are or have been in the celebritysphere. Kiwifarms has had thread on celebrities for years so what's the difference between we doing it or them doing it?

"Nobody gives a flying fuck about celebrities": You mean Josh doesn't give a flying fuck about Elon Musk? Kiwifarms doesn't give a flying fuck about Donald Trump or Biden Derangement Syndrome?

Anybody can stick their foot in their mouth, engage in internet shit-flinging and vendettas and it does not make any difference whether your status is a regular individual, a moderate public figure or a celebrity. This is human nature for better or for worse and it has been that way ever since the dawn of civilization. Yeah that lolcow theory sounds good from a distance but when it falls apart when you carefully scrutinize it.
All of those people, as well as Joshua Conner Moon, are lolcows first and celebrities second. They would be fucking nobodies if it weren't for their lolcow qualities, especially Joshua. Look even at Chris-chan, he's only famous because he exposed himself and his antics to the internet for decades. The vast majority of lolcows will never be famous outside of kiwifarms, but a few do slip through the cracks. Imagine all the lolcows who are completely unknown to the world because their antics never reach the internet. Would anyone give a flying fuck about Elon if he were a narsassistic orphan living in a grouphome? Would anyone even know he existed?
"Carry the lolcow torch when kiwifarms finally dies off": In other words, spending tens of thousands of dollars on legal fees, being blacklisted from your occupation, being disowned by your family. That's a funny way of defining success.
It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it. Joshua is extremely successful at running kiwifarms, and a complete and total failure at everything else. It is a true sacrifice and one that takes many years off of your life expectancy. We must also remember that what goes up, must come down. Joshua's lolcow site will not last forever, and Joshua will eventually dance with the wind, the sun, and the rain.

Far as letting a site like kiwifarms ruin your life and make you fail at everything. There is no fucking way Joshua was ever going to be anything more than a Pajeet-tier programmer, especially when you consider his greatest skill is the tranny language Rust. He was always destined for failure, even if he was successful at running kiwifarms for a time.

You could learn, as I'm sure you already are, from Joshua's mistakes and (maybe) avoid the pitfalls. With this valuable insight, Onionfarms may very well live a longer life than kiwifarms. Kinda doubt it, but I hope it does work out. Remember, much of what ails Joshua was brought on by his own actions.

In other words, spending tens of thousands of dollars on legal fees, being blacklisted from your occupation, being disowned by your family.
I could easily run this site's infrastructure on a Linux box in my basement, taking care of 100% of the backend and software myself, with ease. Perhaps a cluster of Linux boxen once the site got big enough to warrant it.

I could pride myself on how my kiwisplinter stays up with multiple nines, be proud to carry the lolcow torch, and swing my banhammer every time somone calls me fat.

I might even be able to develop and maintain a crack team of janitors to keep the site in check and aligned with the wants of the majority of the userbase. Maybe even get the userbase to foot the bill for the ongoing costs of running the site, like Joshua does.

I choose not to run a kiwisplinter. I value my personal life and don't have a narsassistic urge to be the king of lolcows, or the successor to TMZ. I am not up on my kengle lore and I do not know why you chose to start a kiwisplinter, and am not judging you for it. I would really like to see somebody carry the lolcow torch into the next decade and beyond. I think sites like this one have a right to exist and serve a purpose, and I am thankful for the functioning lolcows who keep the dream alive.

Maybe instead of pivioting towards celebrity gossip, which nobody cares about, you should try being a more general drama focused site. People like drama, even when they say they don't care for it. Just look at the Catler situation on kiwifarms, or the many controversies Keemstar (another lolcow turned celebrity) has found himself in the middle of. Onionfarms could be both the next kiwifarms and the next ED all in one. You said you wanted a network of sites? You can drive traffic by making a wiki.

Remember, nobody gives a flying fuck about celebrities.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
Global Administrator
Elon Musk, Will Wheaton are celebrities first. Will Wheaton has a very successful career in the acting field. Elon Musk is one of the wealthiest businessman on the planet. By default someone who.buys out Twitter is going to be in the spotlight.

What I am trying to say is that celebrities have the ability to rise through the ranks, lolcows usually don't (in comparison to celebrities).

You don't have to sacrifice your family, or your career to run a "lolcow forum" and I am going to prove it.

Moontroon

Remarkable Onion
Elon Musk, Will Wheaton are celebrities first. Will Wheaton has a very successful career in the acting field. Elon Musk is one of the wealthiest businessman on the planet. By default someone who.buys out Twitter is going to be in the spotlight.
What really makes someone a celebrity though? That they're famous, rich, or associated with someone who is? Plenty of well known rich people, some of them even quite talented, who aren't well known for their high-functioning autism or that time they raped their mom.

Elon is the son of an obscenely rich emerald mine owner from South Africa. with narcissistic personality disorder who steals the ideas of others and realizes them while claiming them as his own original ideas. He also has a massive letter 'x' fetish. If it weren't for the money there would be no fame, in fact we probably would have never heard of him. The purchase of Twitter is probably the single biggest mistake he's ever made, the full ramifications of which are yet to be seen.
What I am trying to say is that celebrities have the ability to rise through the ranks, lolcows usually don't (in comparison to celebrities).
I think lolcows who aren't totally fucked by their disablement can become celebrities, especially if they come from a filthy rich family. See Donald J. Trump.
You don't have to sacrifice your family, or your career to run a "lolcow forum" and I am going to prove it.
I had thoughts of starting Joshuafarms, but I'm not gonna risk it. I'd rather contribute to an existing kiwisplinter, anonymously. I sincerely hope it works out for you though.
@Moontroon you want a wiki? What kind of wiki would you want? There are several options you could choose from.
A lolcow wiki, so people can see all there is to know about the various lolcows (and celebrity lolcows) without having to dig through tens of thousands of pages of kiwishit. They can come to the forum then to discuss said cows if they wish. It can also be a good place to document the history of this genre, from the beginnings of the CWCki forum through to current day, including all the splinters and associated sites that came and went over the years.

Because I have a feeling this will be a question.... Sites like ED and the failed Keffals Farms Wiki are powered by MediaWiki, which is the open source software that underpins Wikipedia. When people say "Wiki" this is what they're talking about. Usually you put this on your web server alongside your existing site. Whatever you do, stay the fuck away from Fandom.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
Global Administrator
Let me explain this: I have Softaculous apps installer. We have a choice of Mediawiki, Dokuwiki, Wikiawiki, Pmwiki. If you still want a knowledge base but are not familiar with a wiki format there are WordPress themes that are very wiki-like. There is even a wiki plug-in for WordPress. So yes, if there is a group of people who are interested we have a number of options.