Onionfarms Movie Night

In the process of being set up.

Personalizing the Forum Experience

polonium

You scream and everybody comes a-running
Hellovan Onion
A block on Twitter is not absolute. If you are blocked by person Y for example you can log off, go to that person's channel without logging on and view his/her posts. Another option might by a direct reply blockbut you could do a repost and reply.
Or how about just let him ignore people and if his ideas can survive in a free and open marketplace of opinions then all the better.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I'm your friendly neighborhood skinwalker
Or how about just let him ignore people and if his ideas can survive in a free and open marketplace of opinions then all the better.
I was going to rebut this. But on second thought, a block might be more suitable on KennethErwinEngelhardt.net than here.

Gargamel

an intergalactic Henry Ford hater and a furnigger
Baby Onion
If this is really about Gays getting butthurt because people are replying to his content negatively, then maybe Gays' content should be hidden from the rest of us, or Gays should be restricted from reaction stickers.

@Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt you make a good point that Gays can simply view the forum outside of his account, bypassing any snowflake measures meant to protect his extremely thin skin. At that point though its out of your hands and so, tough shit for Gays. If he can't swing with the Onions, he doesn't really need to be here.

I've said this before, but I'll mention it again. Allowing users to mutually block other users is going to be a disaster no matter what. Please do not waste time or money on that. It will blow up in your face like you've never imagined.

polonium

Hellovan Onion
I've said this before, but I'll mention it again. Allowing users to mutually block other users is going to be a disaster no matter what. Please do not waste time or money on that. It will blow up in your face like you've never imagined.

Reciprocal block is an abomination. Gays is busy whining about muh forums experience, but what about everyone else's forums experience? People who will have to have mixed up threads with missing replies and responses to posts they can't see?

@Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt if gays wants less people to see his posts then he's free to post less. If he wants more people to give him better stickers then he's free to make better posts. No plugins required.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I'm your friendly neighborhood skinwalker
Reciprocal block is an abomination. Gays is busy whining about muh forums experience, but what about everyone else's forums experience? People who will have to have mixed up threads with missing replies and responses to posts they can't see?

@Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt if gays wants less people to see his posts then he's free to post less. If he wants more people to give him better stickers then he's free to make better posts. No plugins required.
There has to be some kind of accommodation if we want fresh users. I know what you are getting at. Letting Gays criticize other people while wanting to totally insulate himself really wouldn't be fair. On other other hand: Gays has a point. This is a pretty rough neighborhood compared to more moderated forums. But the last thing I want is to turn this into a pissing contest over blocking people.

Crimson Fucker

Ţepeş
Hellovan Onion
Make gays join your other shitty site to bring up the members and I might also join just so he can test out the block feature over there. Stop changing things here because I suspect that's why the site keeps breaking.

Fatatouille

Because Scatatouille Was Too Far
Remarkable Onion
This is a pretty rough neighborhood compared to more moderated forums
This is genuinely the nicest forum compared to any of the competition. KF will allow you to dog pile, dox and harass whoever as long as you don't drag it to unrelated places. Opie and Anthony Forums are complete a-logs with basically no moderation beyond don't break the law, same with Encyclopedia Dramatica.

Fresh users are always going to be siphoned from those other forums and what's stifling growth is this place's reputation for harboring sex pests and the unaesthetic themes. Rather late in the game to rehab the reputation part but you could always address the site's aesthetics. Beyond that, growth will occur organically through word of mouth.

polonium

Hellovan Onion
No. Nobody gets a criticism free environment. I get my balls busted all the time.
Then what point does he have?
He can ignore people that make him have a sad. That feature already exists, and doesn't require anything to be changed.

What he's asking for is for you to fuck up everyone else's experience because he lacks the self control not to peek and see what people really think about his shitty, derivative posts. I don't know why you're taking responsibility for this fuckwit's emotional regulation. Do yourself a favour and tell him to shut up.

Fatatouille

Because Scatatouille Was Too Far
Remarkable Onion
1000007147-transformed.png