Lodge cast iron pans

fnaarf

2024 is the year of the tunnel jew
Hellovan Onion
Lol I have never heard of anyone doing this: maybe with copper pans
it was how my mom taught me to clean them- you let the gunk soak up with kosher salt, scrub a little and then rinse and re-season. but if its better to do smth like steel wool or just a normal scrubber ill try that

Busty O'Queef

Angry faggot
Hellovan Onion
Try with a nylon sponge for a while: you'll find you don't need to reseason: maybe just a tiny rub of oil. I wouldn't go near cast-iron with steel wool unless it was 100 years old and rusted to fuck.

fnaarf

Hellovan Onion
Why kosher? Why not any old salt? Or are you like Orange Grove in the Homeland owning Orthodox?
kosher salt is chunky! it's salt used for koshering, not salt that is kosher (ive also used ice cream salt)

1704581651813.png

Busty O'Queef

Angry faggot
Hellovan Onion
Why kosher? Why not any old salt? Or are you like Orange Grove in the Homeland owning Orthodox?
It's an American thing: more about the crystal size and sodium content, although most brands (but not all) are actually Kosher.

Attachments

• 20240106_225417.jpg
    20240106_225417.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 31

Crimson Fucker

Ţepeş
Hellovan Onion
It was fine. I followed a video mostly, there's a few of them out there. All you need is water honey and yeast. Salt is actually optional and if used you don't need a lot, only a very tiny amount if you want to adjust the water mineral content. It can enhance flavor, reduce bitterness and bring out sweetness if just enough is used to not taste it directly. Just gotta use the right one because iodized salts will inhibit the brewing process. I'm not making abominations like cobra, I keep it simple.

fnaarf

Hellovan Onion
It was fine. I followed a video mostly, there's a few of them out there. All you need is water honey and yeast. Salt is actually optional and if used you don't need a lot, only a very tiny amount if you want to adjust the water mineral content. It can enhance flavor, reduce bitterness and bring out sweetness if just enough is used to not taste it directly. Just gotta use the right one because iodized salts will inhibit the brewing process. I'm not making abominations like cobra, I keep it simple.
i wish i had the room to do home brewing, making flavored mead looks like so much fun

fnaarf

Hellovan Onion
btw I followed the instructions y'all gave me for cleaning the pan after the last time (heat water, scrub with dish pad, re-season) and my eggs weren't slidey but they stuck significantly less! I think after a couple more rounds of cooking it'll be perfect