Updates to Website

Welcome Notice: If you can rock with us, you are one of us

Registration: Do Not Use Gmail. We've had a lot of problems with them. Protonmail is your best alternative.

Breaking Content 🧅
October 9, 2024: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu gives a short televised speech to Lebanon
  • Ashley Please Read: Whatever Times posts on the Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums is beyond my control. I have no ownership with this forum.

Google Analytics July 21, 2024 to August 21, 2024

Updated Statistics from Google Analytics

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
Global Administrator
As you may or may not know I have subscribed to Google Analytics which actually gives us some interesting insight into who visits Onionfarms.
Here is the first one of members and lurkers.

Google Analytics Users and Lurkers July 21 to August 21 2024.jpg

Here are a few more graphs
Google Analytics Users and Lurkers July 21 to August 21 2024 2.jpg

Last edited:
Does that include people who don't use Google?
Yeah, A user in Google Analytics is determined by a unique account starting a session/engaging with the webpage, so whether thats through clicking on a google link or for some foul reason someone is sharing a link for the website through text/email to friends (ex-friends after opening), or even bing.

I'm just curious on what the one uzbek user is with 10s engagement time was about lol

Yeah, A user in Google Analytics is determined by a unique account starting a session/engaging with the webpage, so whether thats through clicking on a google link or for some foul reason someone is sharing a link for the website through text/email to friends (ex-friends after opening), or even bing.

I'm just curious on what the one uzbek user is with 10s engagement time was about lol
Okay, this is making more sense to me now.
Some random Wikipedophile said:
Google Analytics is implemented with "page tags", in this case, called the Google Analytics Tracking Code, which is a snippet of JavaScript code that the website owner adds to every page of the website. The tracking code runs in the client browser when the client browses the page (if JavaScript is enabled in the browser) and collects visitor data and sends it to a Google data collection server as part of a request for a web beacon.
So anyone using an adblocker or browser with script blocking capabilities (like uBO) won't show up in these statistics.

So anyone using an adblocker or browser with script blocking capabilities (like uBO) won't show up in these statistics.
Never thought about this actually
Its interesting to be honest, i imagine a significant portion of users on onionfarms will have adblock downloaded and running and I believe Apples Safari has its own built in script which'll prevent showing up in these analytics also lmao

So Macs and IOS devices, everyone using adblocker, and any other search engine with similar operating scripts, duckduckgo, firefox, maybe even opera gx since they have built in vpn.

At the other end of the spectrum was Indonesia. There were only 30 users but the average engagement time was 42 minutes and 29 seconds. One with a lot of users was Iran which was number 6. I'm just wondering what they see in Onionfarms?

At the other end of the spectrum was Indonesia. There were only 30 users but the average engagement time was 42 minutes and 29 seconds. One with a lot of users was Iran which was number 6. I'm just wondering what they see in Onionfarms?
Yeah exactly
I'm assuming Hong Kong is a vpn hotspot seeing the engagment rates and session rates are exceptionally low for 1,700 users so I guess its similar for the rest of the low AVG engagement time countries, particularly the ones with lower user counts.
So I suppose that was the case with the user from Uzbekistan, crazy vpn region.

It'll be interesting to graph into something like excel or free trial of IBM Cognos and clean the data, if you can dl it as a .csv
In my honest nerdy opinion

Yeah exactly
I'm assuming Hong Kong is a vpn hotspot seeing the engagment rates and session rates are exceptionally low for 1,700 users so I guess its similar for the rest of the low AVG engagement time countries, particularly the ones with lower user counts.
So I suppose that was the case with the user from Uzbekistan, crazy vpn region.

It'll be interesting to graph into something like excel or free trial of IBM Cognos and clean the data, if you can dl it as a .csv
In my honest nerdy opinion
Maybe most of the bots that sign up are coming from an IP in Hong Kong? The ones with names that are a firstname and lastname and you're never able to view their profiles

Maybe most of the bots that sign up are coming from an IP in Hong Kong? The ones with names that are a firstname and lastname and you're never able to view their profiles
You are able to view their profiles, but they just sit there and do nothing. Now it could have been someone who registered and then lost interest but the end result is the same, the registrants just sit there.

Now for the most part we catch them but back then I was not aware of this. It was a learning curve. So I am going through them on the member list and deleting them.

That would make sense
I wouldn't expect onionfarms to be a website that gets much bot traffic though lmao, I wonder who'd be botting accounts and for what reason if they just remain inactive. Making bot actives and spamming agenda I can see but weird for them to just sit unless its some kids CS project.

Back