Onionfarms Bling - General I'M DOING MY PART!

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I'm your friendly neighborhood skinwalker
@Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt This happened because you are still allowing he trolls who harassed me and other newbies for months on end to remain on your forum. This new user, Anne Hathaway Fan, was widely appreciated, but you allowed the trolls to chase them away. You've made it abundantly clear that you're willing to ignore your own stated rules against user harassment on this forum, just to keep the trolls around. You don't seem realize that these trolls you're enabling and allowing to cannibalize on your users, are the very reason you don't have any new regulars. No one who comes this forum actually wants to stay here for fear of being targeted by the trolls. You've now allowed them to harass away Anne Hathaway Fan, after they had already chased away Neko.

Again, what is the point of this rule, if you are not actually going to enforce it?
I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. But I revised the rule to make it more accurate.

A certain amount of ball-busting, dogpiling and testing you out is normal and even expected. We are a splinter forum of the Kiwifarms and to be completely honest, this can be a pretty rough neighborhood. Terminology such as "nigger" or "faggot" that would get you banned on more moderated forums is permitted here. If you are of a sensitive nature (i.e. thin-skinned) or looking for a "safe space", this forum is not for you. No: We are not a white supremacist or homophobic forum despite what you may have heard.
If you can roll with the punches in a mosh pit of onions, this can be a pretty kick-ass place to post. If you are new here it is best to observe the environment before posting. Having said this: There is an ignore button for people who grind your gears. Staff will respond if there are legitimate serious threats that require intervention.

Fatatouille

Because Scatatouille Was Too Far
Remarkable Onion

Crimson Fucker

Ţepeş
Hellovan Onion
am i huge fag energy for wanting this
No, but you should go for one of the superior designs 😏
Or just commission one of your own of these on a shirt or sweater or hat or mug of your choice.
1714436722714.png

Crimson Fucker

Ţepeş
Hellovan Onion
How do you think a purple onion artichoke hybrid like that would taste? I bet it would be good.

Reason: Artichoke and onion are both good so I imagine a hybrid would be.

The Gays From LA

The Gays From LA Took My K.Flay Away
Hellovan Onion
A certain amount of ball-busting, dogpiling and testing you out is normal and even expected. We are a splinter forum of the Kiwifarms and to be completely honest, this can be a pretty rough neighborhood. Terminology such as "nigger" or "faggot" that would get you banned on more moderated forums is permitted here. If you are of a sensitive nature (i.e. thin-skinned) or looking for a "safe space", this forum is not for you. No: We are not a white supremacist or homophobic forum despite what you may have heard.
If you can roll with the punches in a mosh pit of onions, this can be a pretty kick-ass place to post. If you are new here it is best to observe the environment before posting. Having said this: There is an ignore button for people who grind your gears. Staff will respond if there are legitimate serious threats that require intervention.

So you're just gonna rewrite your stated forum rules when I point out that you won't enforce them? Very :realamerican: indeed.

Listen, Freya left, Neko left, nobodyworthwhile left, AHF left, if your forum is such a "pretty kick-ass place to post", why do all these users who were actually good posters keep leaving? Why do the rest of your users keep ban-evading to get back on KF instead of staying here? They are ban-evading to get back on KF because you're doing nothing to keep them here.

Once again, here's what Neko said before they left:

Quoting from their post:

This place has been reduced into "I hate kiwifarms and null reeeeeee" already, nothing interesting really happens outside usual complaining that no one outside the circle would even read, even myself stopped caring about that after being banned for over an year there. I'll post a drawing of my neko OC (nekosona) here anyway if it can spice things up but still.

I agree with Neko, I sick and tired of Null getting his site thrown offline for the upteenth time and then the a-logs here going "THIS IS IT, THIS IS THE END!". No it's not, there's a sucker born every second and there are plenty of suckers who still want to help Null get his site back up.

This is the root of my point. This community will never be palatable to normalfags. Imagine some 45 year old housewife stumbled in here knowing nothing about lolcow culture, trolling and especially op-sec. They're going to have a bad time pretty quickly. I enjoy the old Internet feel of a mostly unrestricted community but that's increasingly incompatible with polite society.
The userbase could possibly be expanded by accommodating people from other anti-social media sites but it's a dying breed. We're adjacent to KF, rdrama.net, new.onaforums.net, The Sharty, whatever that boomer forum where Tommy Tooter trolling originated is, various other image boards, probably some other people I'm forgetting.
To gain reach outside of these back corners of the Internet you'd pretty much have to purge everyone here, completely rebrand, hide the fact that Ken is admin, divorce from everything Kiwi Farms, moderate like a corporate friendly site and generally just suck.
To give this forum staying power the focus would likely have to be on becoming palatable to zoomers/Gen Alpha. I also resent skibidi dipshits but from a cynical standpoint they're a growing demographic while millennials/Gen X/boomers are literally dying out as the years keep slipping by.
But zoomers aren't going to be stoked about using such an unaesthetic forum that's so difficult to navigate

People have been complaining about the layout of the site since forever, it's not gonna change. But the ultimate issue isn't the layout, or the number of subfora, or cosmetic things. The issue is user retention. It's the people that are here. The user base sucks, the good users keep leaving to ban-evade on KF and and you are doing nothing to improve their experience here to keep them around.

where "Guys! We're going to be really shaking things up! Get stoked for new content!" means paying Africans to write clickbait style articles about shit no one cares about.
We'd be better served by paying Empresa and letting him reformat the forum.
Instead of adding nonsensical content, fix the glaring issues that everyone's bitched about and double down on the niche we fill

Hey, you saw what happened when I dared bring up the fact that anyone who comes here and is genuinely a funny high-effort poster doesn't want to stay. All the fucking trolls who've chased everyone interesting away instantly came here crying about "censorship!". All I asked was for a mutual ignore policy.

You made your choice: you want trolls instead of active users high effort-posting.

No one is going to post here knowing they'll be the target of the trolls you've actively enabled to chase new users away.

Here's what nobodyworthwhile wrote before they left:

So going to the greater topic of this post.... honestly I kinda resonate with the whole "this forum's whole purpose is to reeee about Null" thing.

I originally came to Onion because I was having issues with Kiwi culture and needed to vent. Thing is... it worked. Once the bitching was out of my system, I went back to Kiwi and was enjoying it again. It helped that some of the more extreme stupidity seemed to have died down (or maybe I was just in a mood and was only imagining it).

But yeah... part of the problem is that Onion gives me very much "It'll be better, and it'll have blackjack! and hookers!" vibes, and yet like many knockoffs has failed to measure up to the thing its knocking off.

And the big problem is.... admittedly one I don't know how to fix: basically, nobody is interested in anything outside of, basically, bitching about KF. I've tried, and others have tried, to start topics about other things... and have always gotten ignored, basically. Bitch about Null or KF and you get a lot of attention.

This was good and therapeutic back when I was going through that phase, but the minute I was over it, I had no reason to stick around.

Fatatouille

Because Scatatouille Was Too Far
Remarkable Onion
You made your choice: you want trolls instead of active users high effort-posting.
Even if you weren't a miserable cunt to be around your pedantic text walls are unreadable. Put the meth pipe down and go back to Kiwi Farms already.
Also, you're a bitch for quoting me but being unable to bring yourself to tag me even when I make good points.
Stop taking your PReP and touch noose

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I'm your friendly neighborhood skinwalker
@The Gays From LA. There is a second site kennetherwinengelhardt.net that is more to your liking. Right now I am trying to iron out the problems with the forum. Yes kiwifarms has more pulling power but you are comparing a giant at 106,000 members to our little community of a little over 4000. I am not going to ban people for downvoting when you can simply ignore them. The community would not be receptive to the block because they feel it would be unfair for you to read anyone's post while restricting access to your own posts.

TheNotRealAsh

Literally Ashley Hutsell Jankowski Address in my banner
Hellovan Onion
Listen, Freya left, Neko left, nobodyworthwhile left, AHF left,
Were these last two users bullied by any of the users here?
People have been complaining about the layout of the site since forever, it's not gonna change. But the ultimate issue isn't the layout, or the number of subfora, or cosmetic things. The issue is user retention. It's the people that are here. The user base sucks, the good users keep leaving to ban-evade on KF and and you are doing nothing to improve their experience here to keep them around.
Who...who gives a crack? Ken can't control if they wanna stay or not.
Hey, you saw what happened when I dared bring up the fact that anyone who comes here and is genuinely a funny high-effort poster doesn't want to stay. All the fucking trolls who've chased everyone interesting away instantly came here crying about "censorship!". All I asked was for a mutual ignore policy.
Then maybe, just maybe, these users should just put the people they don't like on ignore. Is that hard to understand?

No one is going to post here knowing they'll be the target of the trolls you've actively enabled to chase new users away.
They should get thicker skin.
Here's what nobodyworthwhile wrote before they left:
"I'm going to make topics nobody is interested in, I'm big sad its not getting the 'heckin' recognition it deserves."

Crimson Fucker

Ţepeş
Hellovan Onion
Even if you weren't a miserable cunt to be around your pedantic text walls are unreadable. Put the meth pipe down and go back to Kiwi Farms already.
Also, you're a bitch for quoting me but being unable to bring yourself to tag me even when I make good points.
Stop taking your PReP and touch noose
I don't believe gays when he said he didn't sock up on kiwifarms. When people say that they just don't want us to find their socks.

fag0t

Hellovan Onion
@The Gays From LA. There is a second site kennetherwinengelhardt.net that is more to your liking. Right now I am trying to iron out the problems with the forum. Yes kiwifarms has more pulling power but you are comparing a giant at 106,000 members to our little community of a little over 4000. I am not going to ban people for downvoting when you can simply ignore them. The community would not be receptive to the block because they feel it would be unfair for you to read anyone's post while restricting access to your own posts.
hes just going to keep crying until you eventually give in and you probably will no matter how many people tell you to not listen to him just like what happened with taylor really you might as well just do it now and burn it all down instead of waiting