Birds Of The Tropics & Beach Regions

Timepace

Greatest Fuck Up
Remarkable Onion
Brown Pelican
The Latest Articles On This Species

Brown Pelicans Have A Healthy Population As Of Now. They Are On The Scale Of Least Concern
scale.PNG

307.jpg

[ref] https://climateadaptationexplorer.org/species/birds/307
Migration Information

1698253465114.png

Sightings Of Brown Pelicans

observations.PNG

"Brown pelicans are very gregarious and live throughout the year in flocks. They are diurnal but sometimes forage at night during a full moon. They sleep on land either while standing on both their feet or resting on their breast and belly, their head sideways on their shoulder with their beak tilted towards the side. This is the only pelican species that dives from height as the main method of obtaining food. Their air sacs enable buoyancy for them in the water. They do not swim under the water but plunge their head below the surface when catching prey. Brown pelicans are territorial during the nesting period. Threat displays, often carried out when another pelican is too close to an individualโ€™s nest involve head swaying, indicating readiness to interact, and bowing and a "hrraa-hrraa" sound. Young pelicans who approach a nest too closely are often killed."
[ref] https://animalia.bio/brown-pelican

Personal Experience With Them
These are some of my favorites. Everywhere I go by the shore they are present. They seem unafraid of humans sometimes allowing people to pet them. The way they sit on the dock polls/legs always fascinated me. I remember one time I was in Puerto Rico, there was this one I walked up to seemed unphased by me being close and he was so cute. I was taking some pics of him sitting on the side of the concrete pier and it looked liked he was intentionally posing for the shots. The birds are peaceful & friendly. I admire the formations they fly in. When I'm at a restaurant that's outside literally by the water at a marsh, they surround you as if they are friends of your own hanging with you. Sometimes I wish I could be a pelican being able to not only fly but live a gentle life with some storms here and there but other than that, these birds have islands where they all hang out together like family. Like any kind of animal, I really hope & wish that conservation efforts continue for these birds.

AboutToBustIn

Baby Onion
Brown Pelican
The Latest Articles On This Species

Brown Pelicans Have A Healthy Population As Of Now. They Are On The Scale Of Least Concern
View attachment 41074

View attachment 41075
[ref] https://climateadaptationexplorer.org/species/birds/307
Migration Information

View attachment 41076

Sightings Of Brown Pelicans

View attachment 41077

"Brown pelicans are very gregarious and live throughout the year in flocks. They are diurnal but sometimes forage at night during a full moon. They sleep on land either while standing on both their feet or resting on their breast and belly, their head sideways on their shoulder with their beak tilted towards the side. This is the only pelican species that dives from height as the main method of obtaining food. Their air sacs enable buoyancy for them in the water. They do not swim under the water but plunge their head below the surface when catching prey. Brown pelicans are territorial during the nesting period. Threat displays, often carried out when another pelican is too close to an individualโ€™s nest involve head swaying, indicating readiness to interact, and bowing and a "hrraa-hrraa" sound. Young pelicans who approach a nest too closely are often killed."
[ref] https://animalia.bio/brown-pelican

Personal Experience With Them
These are some of my favorites. Everywhere I go by the shore they are present. They seem unafraid of humans sometimes allowing people to pet them. The way they sit on the dock polls/legs always fascinated me. I remember one time I was in Puerto Rico, there was this one I walked up to seemed unphased by me being close and he was so cute. I was taking some pics of him sitting on the side of the concrete pier and it looked liked he was intentionally posing for the shots. The birds are peaceful & friendly. I admire the formations they fly in. When I'm at a restaurant that's outside literally by the water at a marsh, they surround you as if they are friends of your own hanging with you. Sometimes I wish I could be a pelican being able to not only fly but live a gentle life with some storms here and there but other than that, these birds have islands where they all hang out together like family. Like any kind of animal, I really hope & wish that conservation efforts continue for these birds.
I saw so many of them in Florida. There are literal islands that they hang out on but it does stink. Other than that, they are harmless and loveable. They are like dogs with wings, imagine being able to fly and float on the water. The formations are gorgeous. I have a photo I want to share from my trip.

bp.PNG
formation.PNG

Timepace

Greatest Fuck Up
Remarkable Onion
๐“๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“•๐“ต๐“ช๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ธ

Untitled.jpg

Mostly Found In The Florida Everglades of North America. Very Present in Central America & Northern South America.
Diet Consists of Brine, Shrimps, & Mollusks. They also Eat Marine Worms, Insects, & Algae.
Reproductive Times of The Year Spring - Summer
Population Current Status is Increasing & Population Concern is Least Concerning

Very Present on The Island of Aruba
Can Be Seen Walking On The Sand & Interacting With People. If You Search Hard Enough, You Will Find Many Videos Of Them in The Everglades & Aruba.

Timepace

Greatest Fuck Up
Remarkable Onion
๐“Ÿ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ด-๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“•๐“ป๐“พ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ ๐““๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ (Extended) OP

๐’‚ถ๐’ƒ‘๐’„€๐’„–๐’„ฆ๐’…‘๐’†‘

38616873285_5b9fb1b81f_b.jpg

Conservation Status Is At
Conservation.PNG

Other Names
๐–ฏ๐—๐—‚๐—…๐—‚๐—‡๐—ˆ๐—‰๐—Ž๐—Œ ๐—‰๐—ˆ๐—‹๐—‰๐—๐—’๐—‹๐–พ๐—Ž๐—Œ
๐–ณ๐–พ๐—†๐—†๐—‚๐—‡๐–ผ๐—„'๐—Œ ๐–ฟ๐—‹๐—Ž๐—‚๐— ๐—‰๐—‚๐—€๐–พ๐—ˆ๐—‡

๐–ณ๐—๐–พ๐—‚๐—‹ ๐–ฃ๐—‚๐–พ๐— ๐–ข๐—ˆ๐—‡๐—Œ๐—‚๐—Œ๐—๐—Œ ๐–ฎ๐–ฟ
figs, small fruit and berries in the upper canopy of the forest

๐–ฌ๐–บ๐—…๐–พ ๐– ๐—‰๐—‰๐–พ๐–บ๐—‹๐–บ๐—‡๐–ผ๐–พ: purple-pink head, neck and throat, bordered below with a white band outlined in greenish black,
upperparts are green and the underparts grey, with yellow undertail coverts, iris is orange, the bill is greenish, and feet are pink.

๐–ฅ๐–พ๐—†๐–บ๐—…๐–พ ๐– ๐—‰๐—‰๐–พ๐–บ๐—‹๐–บ๐—‡๐–ผ๐–พ: duller than the male, with a weaker breast band, and the juvenile is an even drabber version of the female.

๐–ซ๐—‚๐—„๐–พ ๐–ฃ๐—ˆ๐—๐–พ๐—Œ, ๐–ณ๐—๐–พ๐—‚๐—‹ ๐–ฌ๐–บ๐—๐—‚๐—‡๐—€ ๐–ข๐–บ๐—…๐—… ๐–จ๐—Œ ๐–  ๐–ฒ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ๐— ๐–ง๐—ˆ๐—ˆ

Under Human Care, Their Life Spans Are Up To 20 Years!
They Are Shy Birds

๐Ÿฆ๐–ก๐–พ๐–ผ๐–บ๐—Ž๐—Œ๐–พ ๐–ฎ๐–ฟ ๐–ง๐—ˆ๐— ๐–ฒ๐—๐—’ ๐–ณ๐—๐–พ๐—Œ๐–พ ๐–ก๐—‚๐—‹๐–ฝ๐—Œ ๐– ๐—‹๐–พ, ๐–จ๐— ๐–จ๐—Œ ๐–ง๐–บ๐—‹๐–ฝ ๐–ณ๐—ˆ ๐–ฒ๐—๐—Ž๐–ฝ๐—’ ๐–ณ๐—๐–พ๐—†. ๐–ก๐–พ๐–ผ๐–บ๐—Ž๐—Œ๐–พ ๐–ฎ๐–ฟ ๐–ณ๐—๐—‚๐—Œ, ๐–ณ๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐–พ ๐–จ๐—Œ ๐–ฒ๐—๐—‚๐—…๐—… ๐–  ๐—…๐—ˆ๐— ๐–ณ๐—ˆ ๐–ก๐–พ ๐–ฃ๐—‚๐—Œ๐–ผ๐—ˆ๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐– ๐–ป๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐— ๐–ณ๐—๐–พ๐—Œ๐–พ ๐–ก๐—‚๐—‹๐–ฝ๐—Œ.

๐“Ÿ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ด-๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“•๐“ป๐“พ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ ๐““๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ (Extended) OP

๐’‚ถ๐’ƒ‘๐’„€๐’„–๐’„ฆ๐’…‘๐’†‘

View attachment 50528

Conservation Status Is At​

View attachment 50529

Other Names​

๐–ฏ๐—๐—‚๐—…๐—‚๐—‡๐—ˆ๐—‰๐—Ž๐—Œ ๐—‰๐—ˆ๐—‹๐—‰๐—๐—’๐—‹๐–พ๐—Ž๐—Œ​

๐–ณ๐–พ๐—†๐—†๐—‚๐—‡๐–ผ๐—„'๐—Œ ๐–ฟ๐—‹๐—Ž๐—‚๐— ๐—‰๐—‚๐—€๐–พ๐—ˆ๐—‡​

๐–ณ๐—๐–พ๐—‚๐—‹ ๐–ฃ๐—‚๐–พ๐— ๐–ข๐—ˆ๐—‡๐—Œ๐—‚๐—Œ๐—๐—Œ ๐–ฎ๐–ฟ

figs, small fruit and berries in the upper canopy of the forest

๐–ฌ๐–บ๐—…๐–พ ๐– ๐—‰๐—‰๐–พ๐–บ๐—‹๐–บ๐—‡๐–ผ๐–พ: purple-pink head, neck and throat, bordered below with a white band outlined in greenish black,

upperparts are green and the underparts grey, with yellow undertail coverts, iris is orange, the bill is greenish, and feet are pink.

๐–ฅ๐–พ๐—†๐–บ๐—…๐–พ ๐– ๐—‰๐—‰๐–พ๐–บ๐—‹๐–บ๐—‡๐–ผ๐–พ: duller than the male, with a weaker breast band, and the juvenile is an even drabber version of the female.

๐–ซ๐—‚๐—„๐–พ ๐–ฃ๐—ˆ๐—๐–พ๐—Œ, ๐–ณ๐—๐–พ๐—‚๐—‹ ๐–ฌ๐–บ๐—๐—‚๐—‡๐—€ ๐–ข๐–บ๐—…๐—… ๐–จ๐—Œ ๐–  ๐–ฒ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ๐— ๐–ง๐—ˆ๐—ˆ

Under Human Care, Their Life Spans Are Up To 20 Years!​

They Are Shy Birds​

๐Ÿฆ๐–ก๐–พ๐–ผ๐–บ๐—Ž๐—Œ๐–พ ๐–ฎ๐–ฟ ๐–ง๐—ˆ๐— ๐–ฒ๐—๐—’ ๐–ณ๐—๐–พ๐—Œ๐–พ ๐–ก๐—‚๐—‹๐–ฝ๐—Œ ๐– ๐—‹๐–พ, ๐–จ๐— ๐–จ๐—Œ ๐–ง๐–บ๐—‹๐–ฝ ๐–ณ๐—ˆ ๐–ฒ๐—๐—Ž๐–ฝ๐—’ ๐–ณ๐—๐–พ๐—†. ๐–ก๐–พ๐–ผ๐–บ๐—Ž๐—Œ๐–พ ๐–ฎ๐–ฟ ๐–ณ๐—๐—‚๐—Œ, ๐–ณ๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐–พ ๐–จ๐—Œ ๐–ฒ๐—๐—‚๐—…๐—… ๐–  ๐—…๐—ˆ๐— ๐–ณ๐—ˆ ๐–ก๐–พ ๐–ฃ๐—‚๐—Œ๐–ผ๐—ˆ๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐– ๐–ป๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐— ๐–ณ๐—๐–พ๐—Œ๐–พ ๐–ก๐—‚๐—‹๐–ฝ๐—Œ.​

Great work!

Timepace

Greatest Fuck Up
Remarkable Onion
"They are shy birds."
She's literally me~:opeed:

I think the most metal cryptid owl is a (sub?)tropical bird species too.
StygianOwl38-e1560629488353.jpg

Lowlight pics show why they're the suspected bird behind sightings for Mothman, Owlman, and Flatwoods. (Besides cranes, I mean.)

The only time I see owls are during a night where the moon is lighting up everything, but I would of never thought there would be species in a sub tropical environment, thanks for sharing <3