anyone else feel virtual nostalgia sometimes

Kiwi Kitty

“I never lied to you, Leese. You know why? Because it doesn't serve me.”
Baby Onion
idk if its just me but i always think about old games that i played on the ps1 and on old fucking dinosaur computers. shit i fucked with were things like the breath of fire series, legend of dragoon, legend of legaia, cool boarders, bust a move, and other classics. theres still good stuff that comes out these days but idk to me nothing beats the classics we grew up with and theres just a certain feeling i miss. remembering after school nights when i would go to blockbuster and rent movies just to spend a summers night watching feel good movies and playing my ps1 on an old crt tv with a bunch of pillows on the ground. what was your shit when you were growing up?

224971-bofiiiscene.png

Fatatouille

Because Scatatouille Was Too Far
Remarkable Onion
legend of legaia
I only played this on a demo disc I got from a magazine but I should really throw it on the emulator.
I played most of the classic platformers of the day but my favorites were Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie. I remember falling for a troll that involved speed running Banjo Tooie where supposedly you would unlock additional content in the first game if completed.
I spent weeks perfecting my grind, had a guide printed out and everything. I don't remember the specifics but the goal time had to be something close to the world record due to the difficulty. Only realized I'd fallen for a devilish ruse once I learned that they had initially planned to make the games interconnected but scrapped it due to time/budget constraints.
Was a complete waste of time and I was heartbroken to realize it was I who had been played but those wasted weeks solidified the game in my memory and I still look back on that period with fondness
f003e4dc5cbc849ad7218686c43eb74c.jpg

Kiwi Kitty

Baby Onion
I only played this on a demo disc I got from a magazine but I should really throw it on the emulator.
I played most of the classic platformers of the day but my favorites were Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie. I remember falling for a troll that involved speed running Banjo Tooie where supposedly you would unlock additional content in the first game if completed.
I spent weeks perfecting my grind, had a guide printed out and everything. I don't remember the specifics but the goal time had to be something close to the world record due to the difficulty. Only realized I'd fallen for a devilish ruse once I learned that they had initially planned to make the games interconnected but scrapped it due to time/budget constraints.
Was a complete waste of time and I was heartbroken to realize it was I who had been played but those wasted weeks solidified the game in my memory and I still look back on that period with fondness
View attachment 55082

i feel like i missed out a lot on things when i was growing up because i never played things like banjo kazooie but it's because i was playing other stuff like the medias i mentioned but maybe i could try things like banjo kazooie nowdays with emulators and shit.

Fatatouille

Because Scatatouille Was Too Far
Remarkable Onion
i feel like i missed out a lot on things when i was growing up because i never played things like banjo kazooie but it's because i was playing other stuff like the medias i mentioned but maybe i could try things like banjo kazooie nowdays with emulators and shit.
It's a bit dated being an N64 title and all. The team who created it weren't able to get the rights back so they created Yooka Laylee. Same concept but with updated game mechanics and graphics.
images (42).jpeg

Kiwi Kitty

Baby Onion
ahhh the N64 i never got to play it growing up since i was playstation raised and only really started playing nintendo games when i eventually got a gameboy advance and a ds. nowadays i have my switch and they have a lot of old titles i've been checking out. i feel nostalgic for the ps1 there were so many fun titles for it.

61Q19Q1111L.jpg

played the fuck out of games like ball breakers.

Crimson Fucker

Ţepeş
Hellovan Onion
I thankfully had both Sony and Nintendo consoles. Both platforms had banger titles and their old games are better than their money milking game formulas they have now. The old school resident evils and metal gear were fun and so was banjo kazooie and tooie which I actually enjoyed more than Mario 64 personally. I still loved Mario 64 though, I just liked banjo better. Of course I had the 64 Zelda titles too.

Kiwi Kitty

Baby Onion
I thankfully had both Sony and Nintendo consoles. Both platforms had banger titles and their old games are better than their money milking game formulas they have now. The old school resident evils and metal gear were fun and so was banjo kazooie and tooie which I actually enjoyed more than Mario 64 personally. I still loved Mario 64 though, I just liked banjo better. Of course I had the 64 Zelda titles too.
i wish i had grown up with a larger variety lol i feel like it's the reason i'm not too interested in games like the zelda series though i played some tears of the kingdom and liked it enough. i did play a lot of the old school resident evil and silent hill games which were bangers, which games did you enjoy on sony?

Kiwi Kitty

Baby Onion
the second one was different its like they tried to make a resident evil clone
i might play it if im ever bored enough. parasite was a classic the ps1 is truly a timeless system, i sometimes wish breath of fire and other older ips would get renewed for new games with todays graphics

Kiwi Kitty

Baby Onion
i was also really huge into the ps2 and ps3 before the ps4 came out. was really into the silent hill series but also really enjoyed stuff like fatal frame ( crimson butterfly was the best imo )

Fatal_Frame_II_-_Crimson_Butterfly.jpg

Timepace

"Out Of The Fast Lane Bitch"
Local Moderator
just looked this up and it seems fun.. i miss the ps1 and ps2 era shit was fun i remember other games i liked such as time splitters.

View attachment 55241

no play to win transactions, never got boring, even when they did, you would come back to it and it seemed more fun than last time. I understand making the cheddar but sometimes when you sacrfice an arm and an leg to make something good, you make twice the money back. I mean that works with anything outside of videogame making but I digress

ts.PNG

Ps2 was something and totally hit different even to now. This game above I linked was so so fun. It would be hard on some maps but it was satifying shooting heat missiles and detroying 10 things at the same time. This game was ahead of it's time

Kiwi Kitty

Baby Onion
no play to win transactions, never got boring, even when they did, you would come back to it and it seemed more fun than last time. I understand making the cheddar but sometimes when you sacrfice an arm and an leg to make something good, you make twice the money back. I mean that works with anything outside of videogame making but I digress

View attachment 55244

Ps2 was something and totally hit different even to now. This game above I linked was so so fun. It would be hard on some maps but it was satifying shooting heat missiles and detroying 10 things at the same time. This game was ahead of it's time

i wish i had gotten to enjoy the ps2 more than i did but i played more of the ps1 than i did the second before moving on in later years to the nintendo ds consoles. i feel like there's a lot of titles i would had enjoyed on the ps2 but then again i can always download a ps2 emulator now and try out some of it's titles.

Bisabo(lol)

Cringe, but Free
Remarkable Onion
Demo'd Sea of Stars and the highly colorful but pixelated graphics gave me nostalgia for (Secret and) Legend of Mana, as well as Chrono Trigger.

Can't really speak to the writing as it was a demo, but it's pretty nice-looking and you can tell they really enjoyed rendering it.

1204.jpg

Kiwi Kitty

Baby Onion
Demo'd Sea of Stars and the highly colorful but pixelated graphics gave me nostalgia for (Secret and) Legend of Mana, as well as Chrono Trigger.

Can't really speak to the writing as it was a demo, but it's pretty nice-looking and you can tell they really enjoyed rendering it.

View attachment 55276
this image reminds me of breath of fire 3 i just love timeless rpgs like these this was my shit growing up.

ad9f8d512e541ff6cbbc5ad1217b7f15.jpg