• Welcome to Onionfarms - The most inclusive Kiwifarms splinter on the internet | all races | gay or straight | CIS or trans | If you can rock with us, you are one of us

Default Prefix - Flag for Staff tablet raised children

Default Prefix if you cannot use the other prefixes. Staff will adjust

Kiwi Kitty

β€œI never lied to you, Leese. You know why? Because it doesn't serve me.”
Local Moderator
Tablet raised children has become a obvious problem..
i had helicopter parents when i was a kid & these days you see tablet raised kids who have expensive tablets and smartphones.
i was lucky to get my first flip phone when i was 15.. :thinking: why is it becoming more common to see a younger generation raised this way?

Time 4 Guillotines

An Onion Among Onions
why is it becoming more common to see a younger generation raised this way?
Meh, same as it's always been. The TV was the babysitter for two generations beforehand, now it's tablet toddlers.
I'd say the internet is a worse influence though since it's turning kids everywhere into obnoxious niggers.
I've been traveling through remote small towns recently and it could be the middle of a cornfield and these little fuckers are still all niggerfied from TikTok brainrot.

Kiwi Kitty

Local Moderator
Meh, same as it's always been. The TV was the babysitter for two generations beforehand, now it's tablet toddlers.
I'd say the internet is a worse influence though since it's turning kids everywhere into obnoxious niggers.
I've been traveling through remote small towns recently and it could be the middle of a cornfield and these little fuckers are still all niggerfied from TikTok brainrot.
yeahh, I remember when I was a kid I liked to just sit on the ground, use up a whole bunch of pillows and blankets.. sometimes make a fort with the tv covered inside. :feels:
i was always playing on the playstation & had a dvd player where i was able to burn my favorite shows and movies that played on tv onto a disc.. good times.
now though if a kid has a phone or tablet they dont even care to do anything else.

Time 4 Guillotines

An Onion Among Onions
now though if a kid has a phone or tablet they dont even care to do anything else.
All the dependence of a safety blanket with a wicked dopamine feedback loop built in. Sure doesn't seem healthy but there were kids addicted to Gameboys back in the day. Too early to know if there'll be any distinguishable effects but people in general should go on dopamine fasts every now and again. "Addictive personality" is probably rooted in general dopamine chasing

Kiwi Kitty

Local Moderator
All the dependence of a safety blanket with a wicked dopamine feedback loop built in. Sure doesn't seem healthy but there were kids addicted to Gameboys back in the day. Too early to know if there'll be any distinguishable effects but people in general should go on dopamine fasts every now and again. "Addictive personality" is probably rooted in general dopamine chasing
yeahh I remember watching a lot of television and often in the summer they would sometimes have annual "go touch grass" days where some channels just showed a screen saying it was go outside day.. :story: but it worked.. i would go outside since really things were not too bad. everything was more simple than it is now..

Kiwi Kitty

Local Moderator
I think the world is still basically the same as it always was, at least as far as human nature goes. There's just new distractions
yeah that is true..
i sometimes feel nostalgic for times that are gone
i miss the 'old' distractions compared to the new age

Firegirl26

Hellovan Onion
I have friends and family members. They have younger children who are on the tablet, but they have limited time to use it. Why because in my generation when I was being babysat by my grandparents of both sides I was in front of the TV. of course there were days where my grandparents would take me to the park. There were also days were my grandparents would take me to the zoo, but I had fun memories and watching the Sally show in the Rosie O’Donnell show in the Maury show.

kiwifails

Meow
Hellovan Onion
Tablet raised children has become a obvious problem..
i had helicopter parents when i was a kid & these days you see tablet raised kids who have expensive tablets and smartphones.
i was lucky to get my first flip phone when i was 15.. :thinking: why is it becoming more common to see a younger generation raised this way?
image_search_1724269991467.jpg

The simple answer is that nobody has the time to raise their children properly. The generation that grew up with parents who were too busy to pay attention is now raising kids of their own, but they're just as busy. So, when a kid starts screaming, it's easier to just hand them a tablet or smartphone and let the screen babysit for a while. I mean, who has the energy to deal with a tantrum after an 8-hour workday? It's just easier to give in and let the device do the work.

Betelgeuse

The Hairy Anchovy 🐟
Hellovan Onion
View attachment 62607
The simple answer is that nobody has the time to raise their children properly. The generation that grew up with parents who were too busy to pay attention is now raising kids of their own, but they're just as busy. So, when a kid starts screaming, it's easier to just hand them a tablet or smartphone and let the screen babysit for a while. I mean, who has the energy to deal with a tantrum after an 8-hour workday? It's just easier to give in and let the device do the work.

That was a lot of words just to say that "parents are fucking lazy these days"