Updates to Website

Welcome Notice: If you can rock with us, you are one of us

Registration: Do Not Use Gmail. We've had a lot of problems with them. Protonmail is your best alternative.

Breaking Content 🧅
October 9, 2024: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu gives a short televised speech to Lebanon
  • Ashley Please Read: Whatever Times posts on the Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums is beyond my control. I have no ownership with this forum.

Onionpedia Related Onionpedia Wordpress Wiki

Threads related to the Onionpedia
The Onionpedia will be a WordPress wiki. Yes, WordPress allows for multiple users with assigned roles. There are specific themes that are very "wiki like". I am probably looking at a plug-in such as Gutenberg or block printing (which goes way beyond anything you could do with a Mediawiki). The Mediawiki I had installed was vandalized.
Thank you for letting us all know that I made the right call.

The Mediawiki I had installed was vandalized.
You don't say lol.
That's a part of running a wiki. The CWCki somehow learned to make things work without using WordPress 🤷🏻‍♂️
Have you considered assigning a janny to make any necessary reverts? Limiting user access is going to severely hamper growth and enthusiasm, which is already lacking. Consider making it more of a sandbox and people might actually want to play there.

You don't say lol.
That's a part of running a wiki. The CWCki somehow learned to make things work without using WordPress 🤷🏻‍♂️
Have you considered assigning a janny to make any necessary reverts? Limiting user access is going to severely hamper growth and enthusiasm, which is already lacking. Consider making it more of a sandbox and people might actually want to play there.
I have an idea that will be the best of both worlds. I could clone the WordPress wiki to a different domain (one that I am not currently using) then I could reinstall Mediawiki on Onionpedia.net. If there is anyone here that is proficient in Mediawiki, this would work.

The CWCki has people who are experienced in MediaWiki. I am not and do not know anyone who is.
Well you do know a guy, but you alienated him so you're kinda on your own now. Nice.
I have an idea that will be the best of both worlds. I could clone the WordPress wiki to a different domain (one that I am not currently using) then I could reinstall Mediawiki on Onionpedia.net. If there is anyone here that is proficient in Mediawiki, this would work.
You should do what you like; it makes a good show for the rest of us.
There is room for both.
Careful Ken, with all this deleting and reinstalling you're gonna wear out the sectors in your hard disk!
Indeed. Kengle trying to reinvent the wheel isn't going to work well since the wheel will turn out buffalo cube shaped
It worked for Canada.

Back