What's new
Onionfarms

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Welcome to Onionfarms - The most inclusive Kiwifarms splinter on the internet | all races | gay or straight | CIS or trans | If you can rock with us, you are one of us

Sensitive Viewer Trigger Warning: Some of the content in the forum may be very upsetting for more sensitive viewers. If you fall into this category, you don't need to explain yourself to us. We understand. We offer a more moderated forum for these viewers who still want to be a part of our community: Onionfarms.online

If you want to register: Do Not Use Gmail. We've had a lot of problems with them. Protonmail is your best alternative.

How was your vacation on Kiwifarms Ashley?

Americas Oceangate Sub Crisis

Americas
I saw this on the news. Both the US and Canadian coast guards are looking for them, plus military aircraft from both countries. There are oceanic trenches near where the Titanic sank. They only have about a day of oxygen left and haven't communicated since Sunday. I suspect they are dead, but time will tell.

So I guess people pay money to go down and see titanic. as long as nobody’s touching the ship or taking things from the ship. i’m cool with it. However, this time something happens and now everybody needs to be rescued.
There are no vessels which can rescue them. They're too deep and have a hatch which doesn't match anything else which can go that deep.

Last edited:
There are no vessels which can rescue them. They're too deep and have a hatch which doesn't match anything else which can go that deep.
From what I heard on the news, the Titanic wreck is about 3800 metres down and the max depth the vessel can take is 4000 metres. I didn't know there were no vessels capable of rescuing them though, thank you for adding that. It did seem excessively deep and some of the ocean trenches up there are unfathomable.

From what I heard on the news, the Titanic wreck is about 3800 metres down and the max depth the vessel can take is 4000 metres. I didn't know there were no vessels capable of rescuing them though, thank you for adding that. It did seem excessively deep and some of the ocean trenches up there are unfathomable.
There's doubt about whether it's even safe for 4000 metres. There was a lawsuit where it became an issue a few years ago.

A CBS "journalist" who did a story on the sub last summer is currently being torn apart on Twitter because he observed safety issues but didn't include them in his report.

Last edited:
The missing OceanGate Expeditions five-person small sub that explores the Titanic wreck site is steered with a video game controller, only has one button, does not have a GPS, and has not been approved by any regulatory body.

The custom built 21-foot submersible has some “MacGyvery” elements, according to a reporter who recently gave viewers a look inside the 5-inch thick carbon fiber sub.
1687312640951.png

The U.S. Coast Guard out of Boston is now searching for the five people on the missing Titanic expedition sub, about 900 miles off of Cape Cod. The vessel has about 96 hours of oxygen, and that oxygen is expected to run out on Thursday.

A few months ago, CBS News’ David Pogue went inside OceanGate Expeditions’ Titan sub to view the remains of the Titanic.

“If all went well, I myself would be spending about 12 hours sealed inside on a dive to the Titanic,” Pogue said in the report. “Not gonna lie, I was a little nervous.”

The reporter went over the waiver: “An experimental submersible vessel that has not been approved or certified by any regulatory body, and could result in physical injury, disability, emotional trauma or death.”

Pogue then said with a grin, “Where do I sign?”

Inside, the sub has about as much room as a minivan.

“We only have one button,” OceanGate CEO Stockton Rush said to Pogue, pushing the button as a green light came on.

“It should be like an elevator,” the CEO said. “It shouldn’t take a lot of skill.”

Rush is reportedly on board the missing sub.

“We run the whole thing with this game controller,” Rush said during the interview.

The reporter noted the various pieces of equipment that appeared improvised.

“It seems like this submersible has some elements of MacGyvery,” Pogue said.

When the sub is launched, the crew closes the hatch from the outside with 17 bolts.

“There’s no other way out,” Pogue said.

The sub is attached to a large floating platform, and then motor boats drag it down the ramp to the sea.

The platform then submerges to around 30 feet, where the water is much calmer than on the surface. Divers then detach the sub from the platform, and away it goes.

“There’s no GPS underwater, so the surface ship is supposed to guide the sub to the shipwreck by sending text messages,” Pogue said.

“But on this dive, communication somehow broke down,” he added. “The sub never found the wreck.”

A passenger on board said, “We were lost.”

But on another day, they found the Titanic wreck site.

does not have a GPS
I don't think GPS works that far underwater but it was still a rinkydink piece of junk. Apparently it was made of 6 inch carbon fiber which is not that strong. If it imploded or even had a small hole while far underwater, it would tear everyone to shreds instantly and be sharper than the sharpest sword with all that pressure.

It allegedly only carries enough food and water for one day, just to add to the ever-growing list of things proving that it was never designed to be rescued.

To release the ballast, the occupants literally have to try to jiggle it loose by all gathering on one side of the craft. There is no release mechanism.
1687323185605.png

Last edited:
Back