What's new
Onionfarms

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Welcome to Onionfarms - The most inclusive Kiwifarms splinter on the internet | all races | gay or straight | CIS or trans | If you can rock with us, you are one of us

Sensitive Viewer Trigger Warning: Some of the content in the forum may be very upsetting for more sensitive viewers. If you fall into this category, you don't need to explain yourself to us. We understand. We offer a more moderated forum for these viewers who still want to be a part of our community: Onionfarms.online

If you want to register: Do Not Use Gmail. We've had a lot of problems with them. Protonmail is your best alternative.

How was your vacation on Kiwifarms Ashley?

Americas McDonald's employee accused of stabbing customer in restaurant's restroom

Americas

Rez

Ladmin
1675344727979.png

KANAWHA COUNTY, W.Va. (WCHS) — A McDonald's employee in West Virginia was accused of stabbing and robbing a customer late Tuesday afternoon in the restaurant's bathroom.

Richard Thornton, 31, of Elkview is charged with malicious wounding and first-degree robbery after an incident at the McDonald's near the Crossings Mall, Kanawha County deputies said.

Promoted Links
$369 The Perfect Place to Relax: COSTA Day Bed With Shade
ifurniture
McDonald's employee accused of stabbing customer in restaurant's restroom (WCHS)

Deputies said Thornton followed a 56-year-old man into the restroom before robbing him of his wallet, cutting the man's face, and stabbing him in the neck.

The man who was stabbed was taken to Charleston Area Medical Center General Hospital with serious injuries to his face and stab wounds to the neck.

Deputies said the suspect ran from the scene but was caught at a nearby gas station. They said he still had the man's wallet and the bloody knife.

"I hope they find precautionary measures, and hopefully they can find a way, so it won't happen again," former Elkview resident Joey Frame said.

Frame, who grew up in Elkview, said the news of what happened comes as a shock.

"It doesn't seem like a bad place to go, and I wouldn't expect anything like a robbery or anything like that, especially from here," he said. "It seems a little scary, especially since they did get robbed, but I feel like it was just a one-time thing, hopefully."

The Elkview McDonald's released a statement about the stabbing.

The safety and well-being of our customers and employees is always a top priority for my organization,” McDonald’s owner/operator John Ebert said. “We have no tolerance for violence of any kind, and we’re appalled by the situation that took place at our restaurant. We took swift action, and I can confirm this individual is no longer employed by my organization. We are fully cooperating with the Kanawha County Sheriff’s Office in their investigation.
Thornton will be back in court on Jan. 26 for a preliminary hearing. He is currently being held at South Central on a $100,000 cash bond.

Back