Fermentation

Empresa

Ladmin
General Thread for all kinds fermented fruits , Sauerkraut , Pickled , Hot Sauces , etc. I mostly made this thread to talk about Kombucha / Jun .

1686296218485.png

I like adding champagne yeast and making it more alcoholic 😋

So I've recently got into Kombucha to lay off drinking beer .I decided to start brewing to save money and because I can't find what I like to drink at a reasonable price.
{quick run down of the process}

I started with a gallon jar that I quickly out grew.

1686357701181.png

. After using a bunch of artificial sweeteners like the big brewers do I think I prefer to use regular sugar tbh . I've also started fermenting other things like kvass of all kinds ( bread , beet, berry )
the longer you toast the bread the darker the drink will be , I accidentally burnt the one on the left lol
1686357754394.png

Also making jun which is the same as kombucha but instead of sugar and black tea its honey and green tea , its alright needs to be mixed in with other things it just tastes like sour honey to be honest.
1686357780114.png

this is all my old setups I use bigger and better jars , and tools now.

Last edited:

Firegirl26

Hellovan Onion
One of these days, I like to make some mead and sake at home. when it comes to alcohol drinks, I like something that’s sweet and flavory

Empresa

Ladmin
This week I'm drinking grape Jun I made with store bought juice I was being lazy and it's what I had at the moment .
20230612_165815.jpg

I like it not too sweet a little tart nice light carbonation.

Last edited: