Onionfarms Movie Night

In the process of being set up.

Cooking thread

Sneakywombat666

Registered
Cooking is hobby, an interest, a job, a lifestyle. Do you do it to impress people? Attract women? Not die of fatness?

If you can't cook, I'll help you make white bread. Brown is healthier but white is easier to begin with.

500g white bread flour (strong white flour)
1 1/2 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp caster sugar
1 tsp salt
Mix dry ingredients in big ass bowl and make well in the middle

300ml warm water (not boiling or you will kill the yeast)
1 tbsp oil (I use rapeseed but olive/vegetable will do)
Add wet to small bowl and mix the two

Add wet ingredients to the well in dry ingredient bowl and mix until combined

Flour your table/surface (a handful of flour) and dump bowl of shit onto it

Kneed that shit for 10-15 min. I like to smoosh it all in, spread it out with my palms and smoosh it back into a ball and repeat for 15 min.

Oil up the big bowl again (wash it first, idiot) and let it rise in a warm spot for 1 hour with a towel over it

Once an hour has passed, pour the dough onto a surface and lightly need (>1 min) and then shape into a fucking fat sausage. Put that shit into a floured and oiled bread tin (2lbs is fine) and put a towel over it for 30 min (in a warm spot).

After 20 min, preheat your oven to 180c fan assisted. Put the bread in when it's been another 10 min (take off the towel)

Cook for 30 min. Pull bread out and tap bottom of bread. If it sounds like you're tapping a door, your bread is done. If not, put it in for 10 more min.

Leave to cool on a wire rack for 2 hours with a towel over it (so it cooks inside).

This recipe has never failed me.