• Our Onionfarms merchandise store is now open. All are welcome. https://onionmart.printify.me

All walks of life regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual/gender orientation are welcome. If you can rock with us, you are one of us. Null may ban you: We won't.

Historical Post Algeria Cracks Down on House Churches: Arrests Pastors Amid Israel -Hamas War

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
Global Moderator
Algeria is clamping down on house churches imposing a strict limit of 10 people per gathering. Several church leaders were sent to prison.

This crackdown is occurring against the backdrop of the Israel-Hamas war. The Algerian govt views the Christian minority as sympathizing with Israel and harboring foreign and Western influences that goes against the nation's Islamic unity ICC explains.

Morocco and Algeria are bitter rivals over the issue of the Western Sahara. In 2020, Morocco normalized relations with Israel in return for the United States recognizing Morocco's sovereignty over the Western Sahara. Algeria on the other hand recognizes the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic as the sole legitimate governing representative of the Western Sahara.

There has been a resurgence of Christianity among the Berber minority with vigorous growth and outreach of the Christian community to their Muslim neighbors.

Even though Christian churches are technically legal in Algeria, the government has placed them under close scrutiny with new Christians being discriminated against by the Algerian government as well as the local community.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/algeria-govt-limits-house-church-gatherings-arrests-pastors.html

polonium

High performance shitposting
An Onion Among Onions
The only thing I miss from KF is a proper news and current events discussion forum.

The US president just got absolutely unequivocally exposed as being a drooling senile old retard and we have threads about algeria of all places.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
Global Moderator
The only thing I miss from KF is a proper news and current events discussion forum.

The US president just got absolutely unequivocally exposed as being a drooling senile old retard and we have threads about algeria of all places.
And a comorehensive news and current events forum you will have. I am going to move the heads of state to a new sub-forum just above this.